Burglers!

by frozen one 30 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

How did they get in? You might want to invest in better locks.

Dams

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I'd rather the person felt immediatly threatened

That is quite funny!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Ha-ha...no, not a sales pitch I don't work in Minnesota. Now Texas...uh, never mind.

I caught a guy breaking into my truck one time...I confronted him with a gun and..."the person felt immediately threatened."

The problem was I had never pulled a gun on someone. On the other hand, he had had plenty of experience with guns being pointed at him. And, as I found out from the PD a month later when I ID'd him, this fella had a violent rap sheet a mile long. As a matter to fact...one week before my encounter with him...he had murdered a friend of his (at point-blank-range) by shooting him in the chest over a drug-deal-gone-bad.

After he tried to disarm me I managed to wound him slightly. If he had had a gun or took mine (so thoughtfully provided by me) away I would a very 'hole-y' rabbit now.

"It's not rabbit season !" It is rabbit season !"

Seriously, unless you are experienced or trained, bringing a gun into the equation can be a very unknown factor. What are the your chances of success fighting with a cold-blooded murderer ? I for one, learned a big lesson. It was one of the stupidest things I've ever done in my life to confront someone over tools in my truck. Now, if someone enters my home, that's another matter.

That's where alarm systems come in...they keep me and burglars apart. Which is "a good thing" (as Martha would say) for both of us !

Rabbit

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

""I agree. I have 3 dogs that bark if I fart. Almost shot myself a few times."" God you guys are too funny, I am at my desk laughing like an idiot, and today my office is so quiet.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

SORRY I forgot to say sorry to hear that Frozen, I was hit about 6 years ago, turns out it was my brother's friends, they took everything except furniture and clothes. IT SUCKS and people who steal should be hanged by their balls, while having the watchtowers read to the by eager JW's

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Aw man that sucks! Just to warn you. I had this happen to a friend a year ago. The guy(s) came back a week later when he was gone and took more stuff. Pretty ballsy.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I have a dog and a good 45 near my bead, so a thief better think twice before he comes in.

Ken P.

• serendipity
    serendipity

That sucks, frozen!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Did they steal your hamburgers?

• frozen one
    frozen one

A police officer stopped by earlier this evening. My wallet had been found in a trash can by a private citizen (God bless this person) about 5 blocks from my house. The money was gone, but credit cards, atm card, license, and everything else was intact. The cards are worthless as I reported them stolen but it was nice to get the wallet back. My cell phone might have been recovered also. If its mine at least I'll get the SIM card. My block club had an emergency meeting tonight. Several people in the neighborhood have had visits from this particular burgler or else numerous burglers are suddenly invading occupied houses at night and stealing wallets, purses, and cell phones. One victim was a woman in here 80's who is one of the kindest souls you can imagine. Hearing that she had been robbed really pissed me off. Anyway, its nice to know that the neighboorhood is on alert and a lot of eyes will be looking out windows in the middle of the night, mine included. Thats something nice about where I live. When trouble visits we tend to rally around and make a stand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit