What is going on here ...

by In Between 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

hey WTFBB maybe you should read my new topic on why im leaving

es

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I know people have asked this, but do you think a lot of people are starting to think about the "potential war" that is headed our way as something that was "predicted?" And know they think they are opening their eyes to something they think they haven't seen.

• wednesday
    wednesday

college girl are you asking if some are going back to the KH 's b/c they fear the

predictions of The Big A may be true?

Some might, most are just on other boards.

I believe we had WW1 and WW11 and yes there may be a WW111, but I don't give WTS any credit for anything. To predict a conflict in middle east that escalates to WW is not a huge leap.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I've noticed a few leaving, and I applaud them. Simon, who started this site, said somewhere 'one day we'll all be ex-ex-JW's, and I like that. Places like this are very helpful for people who want to get JW out of their system. It's been my lifeline when I needed it but one day I won't need it any more either.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I haven't left, I just cut back a lot. But I have contacted several who have posted "goodbye" threads and they just seem to be ready to move on with their lives. Which is wonderful. Leaving sites like JWD is part of the healing process.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

AS has hit the right chord here I believe.

Of all the lately 'I'm postin' less' crowd that I have seen - only one seemed to be disappointed with the forum. None mentioned negativity of the forum posters that I saw. I personally take spells of less activity, as do many others. Some seem to be completely healed - but others need an occasional 'boost'. When I need a boost I find 'positive energy' right here on JWD.

Es, Auld Soul, Mouthy, to name a few off the top of my head were all very positive and thankful for the forum. As am I. Though I choose to stick around.

Jeff

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think there are a variety of reasons. I'm sure in the majority of cases its simply a practical matter of not having any time. Some people really do get tired of dwelling on ex-JW matters. Indeed, there is only a small "core" of regular posters here on JWD as the vast majority of newbies disappear within a few days or weeks.

Personally, I dont think of this as "just an ex-jw board", just going through the threads reveals that we have discussions way beyond watchtower issues. Politics, philosophy, science, entertainment, the list goes on and on. I just post because I enjoy the board in general. I am way beyond having any concern whatsoever about the borg, but lets face it, it makes an amusing topic of conversation from time to time. The board is constantly in flux, which is a good thing.

• roid
    roid
    I know people have asked this, but do you think a lot of people are starting to think about the "potential war" that is headed our way as something that was "predicted?" And know they think they are opening their eyes to something they think they haven't seen.

well, as JWs we get overly sensitised to such things. I do still often see indications of the comming doomsday (eg: the "united nations" turning against "false religion" or whatever it was) and honestly sometimes it gives me pause.

But even if it all ends up comming true. I'd be proud to take my stand AGAINST Jehovah in the great tribulation.
    9 months ago i found this on http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ and saved it:

it really struck a nerve with something i'd written in my juornal 2 months before that: "with my questioning and sometimes confrontational nature i doubt i'd fit that well into "the new system" anyway. i'm no sheep."

• Warlock
    Warlock

They were all WTS spys and they are going back to turn us in to the "authorities"!

Warlock

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I'm thinking that you're trying to say something. Spit it out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit