Out of Bethel and still recovering

by livingalie 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• livingalie
    livingalie

Hello to all im new to the site I have been looking for about two weeks now .I was at Brooklyn Bethel from 1994 -1999 and I worked in the Barber shop office blgd. (25 columbia heights ) .I just wanted to say hi and that many of your post have really been helpful to me as I have gone though some tough times on all levels . Thanks for letting me just state that .

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Welcome...............

And please stick around. You will find a lot of like minded people here. Some of whom also served at Bethel in various capacities.

HappyDad

• mariposa
    mariposa

Welcome..welcome...come on in!

NIce to see a fellow Georgian..not too many of us here and man, we're almost the same age..Cool!

This place has been a lifesaver...literally I hope you get all the answers you're looking for.

• observador
    observador

Hello livingalie,
    welcome to the site and feel free to share your experience in the Tower if you want it.
    As you have already seen, just being able to vent is a way of getting some healing.
    Observador.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome to the board. I was in Toronto bethel back in the late 60's - early 70's. I have been out of the watchliar sociopath society since the early 80's.

See you around, and welcome again.

Stealth453

• damselfly
    damselfly

Hi and welcome *waves*

Dams

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Vent, vent, vent ...

I have many friends in Bethel and understand what you are going through.

I'm still "undercover" in a way and have a lot of family in the Truth but focus on life ahead and take advantage of the positive things we have learned to help us cope in the real world (the Ministry School is one of the benefits to help us speak publiclyand argue our point of view).

It's a difficult transition I am sure ... but put the speaking and "sales" skills to good use.

Rub a Dub

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, living, to the board. Your words speak volumes. May you live the lie no longer.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi livingalie. Welcome to the forum. It is helpful to have a place like this where you can discuss life with the Dubs. It is a lifestyle that you have to live and experience to really understand all the problems it causes. If you feel like like sharing your experiences in Bethel, and it helps you to talk about it, we would love to read your story.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit