An elder just called me...just need some quick advice on how to handle it.

by stillAwitness 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Don't do anything. If it is a Ministry School talk, people no-show all the time. You will just be another no show.

-ithinkisee

• Scully
    Scully

Get your cell phone number changed, and don't give it to any JWs. Not even your parents. If you need to call them, do it from a pay phone. Oh, and as far as the talk goes, tell him that you've got a lot on your plate right now and won't be able to do the talk. If he asks what you mean by "a lot on your plate", tell him it's "female problems, I won't gross you out with details, but thanks for your concern". I guarantee he won't be able to get off the phone fast enough.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Change the number and block caller id so when you call it just shows up as "call 1" in the ID!

• nelly136
    nelly136

do elders make a habit of just ringing people up last minute to see if theyre doing their 'talks' these days?

sounds suss to me.

• LDH
    LDH

do elders make a habit of just ringing people up last minute to see if theyre doing their 'talks' these days?

sounds suss to me.

Agree.

I would call him before every meeting for the next three months to verify that he would be there.

Lisa

• nelly136
    nelly136

MWAHAHAHA LDH

yup definately time to change your number,

if you change the ownership on the car to you, is that info available to anyone wanting your new address?

• gumby
    gumby
    If he asks what you mean by "a lot on your plate", tell him it's "female problems, I won't gross you out with details, but thanks for your concern". I guarantee he won't be able to get off the phone fast enough.

Perfect!

This type of an answer could only come from the Scullymeister.

If you were a dude, you could say you got a bad case of Jock itch and a bad butt rash.....but it just wouldn't be the same.

Gumscratcher

• LDH
    LDH

(((((((Nelly))))))))

morning, girl, I'm on my way to bed!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

He doesn't seem to concerned at the moment. More worried about whether you are giving a talk on the school than your 'spirituallity' !

Just ignore him - when you are not there to give the talk he will get on with it, and prob not give you any more thought.

Leave a sleeping dog lie for the moment.

Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Call him and tell him you'll do the talk, and just don't show up. They'll think twice before assigning you another one. (ok, I know I'm a bastard) Then get your phone number changed and don't give it out to any JWs, especially your parents.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit