An elder just called me...just need some quick advice on how to handle it.

by stillAwitness 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Hey guys, Quick question: one of the elders just called me about a talk I am supposed to give tomorrow night. Well its obvious he is not aware that I don't live at home anymore (he made the comment that he hasn't seen me in awhile but figures its cause of the recent district convention stuff) and for me to let him know either way wether or not I would be giving the talk. Should I let him know I don't live at home anymore or let my parents handle it in due time? (They go to another hall) Hope, I don't bother you guys too much for advice. This is all new to me and I want to avoid being D'F or D'A as much as possible.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

You dont have to tell him anything.

and if you are not doing the talk you owe no explanation as to why.

• damselfly
    damselfly

It's none of his business where you live, unless you want to tell him that you switched halls.

If he's not asking why would tell him?

Dams

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

StillA

Only say you have to cancel this time around ...and offer no reason for it...if he's nosy, just say you've got it under control, thanks and ciao. I figure that'll buy you a couple week's time, before you get other nosy calls ....may be even longer, depending on the elders and how (in)visible you were in the local jw community.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Ignore him

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I agree w/ the ignore advice. It is not like your talk is going to make or break that meeting. There will be volunteers that can take it. You don't owe anyone any explanations. Walk away and don't look back.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

If you've moved out how did he get your new phone number?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

So, he must be a sly one to get your new number! You've moved out, and he still called you, even tho the listing must be under your boyfriend's name, since you're staying at his place.

Liquidsky, !

• blondie
    blondie

I'm guessing he called her cellphone number which is not connected to her living location.

I wouldn't tell him anything........I'm sure your mother will tell him what he wants to hear.

Blondie

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Blondie is right. He has my cell number!! I am a bit invisible in the hall. I will go ahead and call and tell him I will not be doing the talk. I think I will go ahead and call now (its 11 p.m) and I'm almost sure it will go straight to the voicemail. thanks guys! -StillA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit