Is it cancer? STOP! Don't talk about it.

by Tigerman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My mother had massive amounts of blood in her stool for 5 years before she finally saw a doctor. Not surprisingly, she had colon cancer and was dead less than a year later.

I've been out 18 years and I still fight the anti-doctor/medicinal feelings.

Which reminds me I'm overdue for my check up in that area.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

How can they know what herbs to take without a proper diagnosis?

Maybe you can reason with them in that way.

My son had a fatty place by his heart....scared us to say the least............they did nothing for it and it has gone down considerably over time.

but he did go to the Childrens Hospitol here and was monitored.

purps

• Highlander
    Highlander

Herbs are NOT DANGEROUS. They are extremely beneficial if prescribed properly.

If they're not dangerous, why did you have to qualify your statement above?

The fact of the matter is this. 'natural remedies' herbs, etc, are NOT regulated. That being said, it's quite easy to take something that can hurt you, whether it's taking

too much of a single product, or taking the wrong combination of various products.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Lowden,

Most herbs prescribed contribute nothing to health. Have many books on it. They can temporarily reduce sysmptoms but are not a long term cure. They can also interfere with prescribed meds, and many contribute to high blood pressure.

I will not back off of my opinion. My aunt was a big herb fanatick, wound up in the hospital with a huge hematoma in her stomach.....the doctors were furious with her for her intake of various "prescribed" herbs and told her to knock it off.

r.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Yep! My sister in law (JW) believes in the herb and vitamin route. She had irritated lbowel syndrome. She decided to go the herb and vitamin way thanks to a overzealous "sister" that sold them.

She ended up making it worse...it ate the lining of her intestines up. By the time she went to the Dr it was too late. She had to have the bag put in permanently.

She still takes vitamins but no herbs. And of course only "Natural" vitamins.

Her JW MIL got breast cancer..she did the chemo but also encouraged by the loving "sisters" to take the noni juice and other herbs. She lasted about 9 months.

My JW father in law went that route with his bone cancer . Did the shark cartilage and everything else they recommended, but he also took radiation ..no chemo..he lasted for about 3 years.

My hubby ...with the insistence of his JW mom ( who thought the Drs were from the devil...old JW teaching.)and JW sister decided that the Noni juice would cure him, They knew someone that was doing great on it...which turned out to be someone they didn't really know but was selling the stuff also. But hubby also did the chemo.

He drank so much Noni juice he was too full to eat anything nutritional. He lasted 5 months.

So that's 4 off the top of my head that did the vitamin and herbs..didn't help them.

I know a few more but you get how I feel about it.

They are not monitered by the Food and Drug association and they can put whatever they want in the 'Natural herbs and vitamins".
    Including poisons.Especially if it's made by someone who thinks they have a "Gift"...

I talked to a pharmacist about the "natural" theory..he said "Where do they think regular vitamins come from? They are also from minerals in the ground ...the word 'natural" is just a sell gimic...

Herbal treatment I don't know much about..there does seem to be some logic in what they say. IF they have studied or had recipes handed down from others that have spent their life doing it. But those true herbalists are few.and yet many claim to be one...

Don't get me started...

Snoozy....

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Thank you all for your in-depth thoughts on this . . .and please keep posting !

Now, I must "lay my head down to sleep and pray the Lord my soul to keep." Gotta get up early.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Remember this story:

Contaminated L-Tryptophan and 5-Hydroxy-L-Tryptophan, Eosinophilia Myalgia Syndrome [EMS]:

The 1989 Epidemic and the 1998 Warning

http://consumerlawpage.com/article/tryptophan.shtml

Better make sure your 'erbs are not cut with rat poison or something!

• breeze
    breeze

Thers is a lot of stupid people in the world. Vitamins etc., are meant to supplement your diet not replace it. A small part of the vitamin world has a dietary supplement that replaces one meal.

Years ago there was a big diet movement in our congregation and my wife got involved and lost a lot of weight then there was a problem and the elder stopped doing it. I believe it was that the sisters were trying to replace their entire diet and not eat.

BREEZE

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Look, folks. When it comes to herbs, vitamins, and so-called "natural remedies," it helps to remember this basic mantra:

A chemical is a chemical is a chemical.

Chemicals occur naturally and are created synthetically. Some chemicals are dangerous in even small amounts (see arsenic, a "natural" substance), others are beneficial in therapeutic doses (chamomile tea, a couple of aspirin for a headache) but can become dangerous if used improperly, in large amounts, or in combination with other chemicals.

Basic rule of toxicology: The dose makes the poison.

This is why the proper diagnosis and prescription are required to gain any benefit from any chemical. Tribal healers are exceptionally well-trained in the chemicals they use, as are most physicians and pharmacists.

Just as a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client, a person who medicates herself often has a numbskull for a doctor.

Jankyn, prefers science--even the traditional, experience-based science of tribal medicine.

• LDH
    LDH

she's so smart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit