Sending a Message to Brooklyn, Big Time!

by drew sagan 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

The numbers most likely get 'cooked' anyway, so... *puzzled look*

I think that the best way to 'get to them', is to just ignore them.

The best thing that will do 'damage' to their 'numbers' is the Internet, and the info that is out there about them.

The younger generation (where they will need their members from) are not ignorant - and often hop onto the internet to look for things.

As Mulder once said, "The truth is out there."

Regards,

Jim TX

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Having more of the anointed, if we were counted, would give Watchtower a good excuse to prolong Armageddon!

I actually think the opposite would happen. They instead would see it as proof that there are 'those amongst the ranks' that are not happy with Jehovah's way of doing things, and proper discipline would be given.
    The effects I felt would add to the 'gossip' mentioned, and also create tension in an allready weakened system.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Drew

I actually think the opposite would happen.

I remember working with a CO on the doors and saying something like: "If Armageddon doesn't come within the generation of 1914 I'll be really miffed." To which he replied "I daresay a lot of people would ask questions."

Well, the org changed the generation meaning and virtually everything has stayed the same!

I don't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm - goodness I'm all for bringing Watchtower down - but the slimy organisation has such a heinous hold over its members that many literally believe everything it tells them, such as "there's been a change of thought." A change of thought is all they'd need to say to keep the dyed-in-the-wool in their places.

I totally agree that, with younger ones especially, the internet is the greatest tool we have for bringing the org down.

I also maintain that charitry status is the Org's weak spot. If enough people bombard the Charity Commission (don't know what you call it in the USA) with evidence of hurt, e.g. child abuse, shunning, disfellowshipping and separation from families, etc, one would have a good case for showing abuse of the charity status. I've contacted the Charity Commission twice and both times they have looked into my complaints - but one cannot do it alone. It needs to be a concerted effort. The main point has to be ABUSE OF CHARITY STATUS. Just trying to elicit sympathy won't work!

I wish you well in whatever you decide/organise,

Ian

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

they would only count those that they personally have known for some time to profess to be of the anointed. the rest they would just ignore. and it would strengthen their faith, for that would be persecution.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    I totally agree that, with younger ones especially, the internet is the greatest tool we have for bringing the org down.

And your %100 dead on with this. There is nothing that can be done to harm the org that is bigger than the internet. This idea of 'being anointed' was just one of those things that poped into my head, thought I would throw it out there.
    I do think that if I was to talk with an Elder again (like my wife asked me to) I would have gone at things from this angle. It's a way to attack their theology without being apostate. If someone thinks they are anointed and then are in fear of what the congregation would do to them if the partook, i don't know it just creates an odd and strange situation where you can see how the org is controlling it's membership. Just another 'alternative' way of going about things.
    But the internet has proven itself to be #1 as you say. The next generation of witnesse + the internet + no more prophecy time tables = no fun for WTS

• heathen
    heathen

bad idea . They would only print the numbers and then make a statement of alot of people are unawares of the current belief on the matter . Last memorial I went to they stated that the "anointed" would be only those that were most active in WTBTS persuits , so I think they would catch on anyway . It might even create an apostate scare which is something like a witch hunt .

• Confession
    Confession

Interesting... I like the idea of doing anything that might get active JWs thinking. Although it's true that the majority would not be affected, it's also true that some might be.

But one more thought... Does partaking one year mean we'll have to go and partake the next year too? What if we don't do it every year? Wouldn't the position of the WTS be...

"Yes, friends, a number of apostates with no regard for Jehovah's righteous organization tried to throw off our numbers of anointed last year, but--as you can see--their attack was thwarted and Jehovah has corrected this problem. The apostates are no match for Jehovah."

• willyloman
    willyloman
    They would most likely not add you to their count.

Exactly. Word would get out. They have a network, too, you know. And anyway, this all assumes the numbers posted by the WTBTS are "real" but they're not.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...this all assumes the numbers posted by the WTBTS are "real" but they're not."

This is exactly the point I tried to make earlier.

It doesn't matter if there were 144,000 partakers at their silly event... when the numbers are all sent in... HQ 'cooks' the books, and prints whatever numbers they want the rank and file to see.

I think that any efforts would be wasted, and viewed as 'persecution' - or 'the last days' - or {fill in the blank with whatever JW cliche you want}.

Personally, I feel that if one were to 'attack' the WTBTS, a more subtle approach would be best - perhaps the legal channels that more and more are using. They are not geared up for a bazillion lawsuits - they don't have the manpower to acknowledge a multitude of legal battles sent their way.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Estephan
    Estephan
    Well last night I was doing a few boaring things and then this idea just popped in my head. I was thinking about differant ways that a true 'disturbance' could happen from the ground up in the organization. The basic idea is this:

What if there was a growin movment of people who started to claim that they are of the anointed?

It's such a basic priciple, but huge in it's implications. Think about this. How many people are there on this message board? How many x-jws and current 'weak' ones are there floating around, not to mention all of those in good standing. There are tens of thousands. What if people went to congregations on the memorial (even a congregation where nobody knows them) and then partakes. While some wouldn't be counted, others would. What if there was a major push online to gather people and support the cause.

There are 1000 differant ways to look at this but the idea is very simple. Don't go after anything else other than the idea that more and more claim to be of the anointed.

Just a thought.

You should not partake unworthily, this is written. What would Jehovah think of this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit