Sending a Message to Brooklyn, Big Time!

by drew sagan 28 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Well last night I was doing a few boaring things and then this idea just popped in my head. I was thinking about differant ways that a true 'disturbance' could happen from the ground up in the organization. The basic idea is this:
    What if there was a growin movment of people who started to claim that they are of the anointed?
    It's such a basic priciple, but huge in it's implications. Think about this. How many people are there on this message board? How many x-jws and current 'weak' ones are there floating around, not to mention all of those in good standing. There are tens of thousands. What if people went to congregations on the memorial (even a congregation where nobody knows them) and then partakes. While some wouldn't be counted, others would. What if there was a major push online to gather people and support the cause.
    There are 1000 differant ways to look at this but the idea is very simple. Don't go after anything else other than the idea that more and more claim to be of the anointed.
    Just a thought.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Actually that is a brilliant idea... I think it was mentioned before the last memorial.

If we started pushing now, and other apostate sites cooperated, it wouldn't take much to create a big bump.

There are only a few thousand right now I think. What if just a few thousand more partook?

It would be annoying for them... but that is probably about all.

CYP

• carla
    carla

Don't most cong's look at those new ones claiming to be annointed as a bit off? I think I remember a few stories here where someone in the cong claimed to be annointed and the elders told them they were not. Would Brooklyn just look at this as evil apostates trying to ruin their sacred ceremony of rejecting the blood of Christ? Therefore the end if even closer?

• jambon1
    jambon1

Drew, your posts always intrigue me.

Where do you get these evil thoughts from! Haha.

Good idea. I would love to see them publish 13 000 memorial partakers. The r/f would be like

J

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I can't see myself walking into a kingdom hall, partaking, or performing any act that could be construed as my acknowledging the validity of their existence.

I don't think sending a message would do much good. As long as their cash flow isn't interrupted they don't really care about anything people say or do.

W

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    I can't see myself walking into a kingdom hall, partaking, or performing any act that could be construed as my acknowledging the validity of their existence.

I think that is the point I'm trying to make with this. If you got a large group of people who wanted to be 'anointed' you would be going against everything they teach you. In fact it would be a total disregard for their 'authority' and a total lack of consideration with a point they continue to try and make.
    I thought to myself, what is the bigggest act of rebellion that JWs really wouldn't be able to do anything about? If tons of people started saying they where anointed it would pose such a huge problem for them. What could they do? I really think this is one of their biggest weaknesses. Sure they can scold you, mark you, but they can't throw you out.
    It just seems like such a gaping hole in their theology, one that could lead to some amazing possiblities (in my opinion).

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    It would be annoying for them... but that is probably about all.

This is true to, BUT....
    What if there was more of an 'underground' movement. Kind of like what is going on over at
    http://www.ajwrb.org/
    Imagine tons of letters, situations, and phone calls dealing with this.
    The Watchtower is weaker now than it ever was, this could be a striking blow during a vulnerable time.

Don't get me wrong, I know this is more than likely going to be just talk. But I got the idea in my head and thought to myself 'what the hell, might as well talk about it".

• Cellist
    Cellist

They would most likely not add you to their count. As far as I know, if you're not a respected JW who is "in good standing" they won't count you as a partaker. No matter how much wine you slurp or crackers you crunch.

Cellist

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I have to admit, it would certainly cause a stir among the rank and file jws. They'd gossip about it for months.

W

• Dansk
    Dansk

Two things bother me about this:

1) We would swell their numbers and they'd be really pleased about this and add those numbers to their annual report and

2) Having more of the anointed, if we were counted, would give Watchtower a good excuse to prolong Armageddon! You know what I mean. They'll twist the numbers to suit themselves!!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit