Sending a Message to Brooklyn, Big Time!

by drew sagan 28 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK, so maybe it wouldn't get accurately reported by those liars, but I liked Drew's idea, anyway.

If you think about it, some people in their midst are already doing this (even if they really think the are the annointed). That 8,200 number is sure not following any kind of normal actuarial decling for people who should be at least in their 80s...

I have thought for a long time that they may just quit counting the annointed to get past the embarrasment.

• Estephan
    Estephan
    OK, so maybe it wouldn't get accurately reported by those liars, but I liked Drew's idea, anyway.

If you think about it, some people in their midst are already doing this (even if they really think the are the annointed). That 8,200 number is sure not following any kind of normal actuarial decling for people who should be at least in their 80s...

I have thought for a long time that they may just quit counting the annointed to get past the embarrasment.

Where does it say there are 144,000 that are anointed. It does say the there are 12,000 out of the Twelve Tribes of the Sons of Israel that are sealed. (Revelations Chapter 7)

• Confession
    Confession

[Revelation--Its Grand Climax at Hand!, p. 287]

"The Serpent’s earthly seed, with its religion, politics, and big business, has heaped cruel persecution on the woman’s seed, Jesus Christ and his 144,000 anointed followers, here on earth."

The Watchtower Society teaches that 144,000 are bought from the earth as spirit anointed sons of God.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Estaphan - you posted: "You should not partake unworthily, this is written. What would Jehovah think of this?"

Do you partake?

I assume you would not want me to judge you if you should answer in the affirmative. I also assume the reverse, if you do not partake, you would want others to respect your position.

Are you aware that one of the fundamental reasons that a lot of certain still-christian dissenters here left the WTS was disbelief in the two-cast system? And, especially now that a lot of the 8100-8300 still partaking are about halfway considered bogus by even the society? For many here, the idea of forcing people to not partake is an act of the Anti-Christ. It encourages believing Christians to disobey Christ's own instructions and in a sense, reject him in favor of a select group of humans. Those references in Rev. do not say a word about going to heaven or partaking of the emblems, whatever they may mean.

As Deep Purple said in Smoke over Water - the Swiss Time was running out. Indeed it is when the society themselves said the sealing was over by 1935. I suggest that you should be taking up this cause (all Christians celebrate the memorial) as it might be the biggest first step available to the society to right their listing ship. Assuming, of course, that you support the society and want to help them avoid disrepute.

James

PS, I know you are a new poster...and one with apparantly strong opinions. Please view this as given in great seriousness and sincerity.

• heathen
    heathen

They do add their own interpretation on the ritual . I think it entirely possible that the great crowd can be anointed .There's no where in the bible that forbids the great crowd from joining in . You can only approve of yourself . I think the scripture they like to use is the one about the holy spirit being in union with the spirit imparted to the individual . Romans 8:16 I think the idea for the 144k is that they are all male and are martyred for their preaching of christ and his kingdom . If you read acts of apostles there are women that were anointed that prophesied and spoke in toungues but then later nothing but subjection for them and no mention of them sharing in the promise of co-rulership . For them to say that women are part of it is wrong . I wouldn't do it just to mess with their heads , I do believe in God so it is a serious situation with that . No need to provoke God as it is .

• Arthur
    Arthur
    "Yes, friends, a number of apostates with no regard for Jehovah's righteous organization tried to throw off our numbers of anointed last year, but--as you can see--their attack was thwarted and Jehovah has corrected this problem. The apostates are no match for Jehovah."

I think Confession made a great point. This was similar to what I was thinking. You must remember that there are many Witnesses who monitor these kinds of sites. The headquarters would surely hear about it and send letters to local congregation elder bodies alerting them about this.

No offense to you personally Drew; I like most of your posts and you seem like a decent guy, but I think this kind of scheme would be rather misguided and perhaps a bit juvenile.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I think it's a great idea, at very least...FREE WINE and JOGAHOGIE BISCUITS.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are already embarassed enough about this doctrine an obviously false one based on the 144 000 being a literal number, the anointed number doesn't decrease as it should given the time that has passed since 1935, it is very likely cooked (artificially augmented) because they are in danger of seeing them all passing away without armageddon arriving.

On the other hand they (the GB)let the rumour spread that they believe most of those proclaiming themselves to be anointed are in fact fakes. To relegate them to the position of liars lest they threaten their authority. If there are any obvious fakes these are the power lusting GB members.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the dogma is off on some things but the number 144k is right . The WTBTS did say that the holy remnant would still be around during what people call the rapture and that they really only die a symbolic death but revelation is pretty clear it's a violent literal death and that they are all dead for witnessing about jesus and it shows the GC coming out of the tribulation in revelation 7 . The first resurrection is for the remnant in Revelation 20 .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit