Covert apostate campaign

by lost_light06 23 Replies latest jw friends

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

So my wife is pushing me to go out in the ministry this weekend for the special DC invite tract work. I really do not want to go in FS, haven't been out in years. I don't even plan on counting the time if I do end up going. But in order to keep the peace in our household I might end up going. So, last night I was thinking that I might make my potential FS outing a covert apostasy campaign. I noticed when a sister showed up at my door to place this tract she came to our door alone, so I figured I could get away with quietly saying something to the householder but I don’t know what. Any ideas? I also figured I would write the freeminds.com and/or silentlambs urls on the tract.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You could brag about how baptized jws do not question the governing body. They take obedience to the governing body so seriously, they are prepared to walk away from friends, family, jobs, even their own parents or children or grandchildren. Brag about it so it shows how obedient and Christ like you are. Tell how family members shun family members that leave. Talk about how people will die or allow their children to die to be so amazingly obedient to the governing body.

In other words, send up big red flags. Make sure they get the feeling that JW's are bizarre and potentially dangerous.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I remember that when I was going out in field service, I knew not to hit the householders with the serious policies of the WTBTS that would turn people off. I knew not to tell them we didn't celebrate holidays or take blood transfusions or shun people. I always tried to "hook" them with the paradise and the solution to all their problems.

So yes, send up red flags. Then no one can accuse you of apostasy.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    So my wife is pushing me to go out in the ministry this weekend for the special DC invite tract work. I really do not want to go in FS, haven't been out in years.

Tell her that and pull out the be in "subjection" get out of FS "free" card.

It is when JWs are most adament about a spouse going out in FS with them is when, in reality, they really don't want to go out themselves and would just rather try to get someone to share in their misery.

• carla
    carla

Use the fortune cookie technique? Help! My family is stuck in the jw cult and I must appear to be going door to door or I will lose my family. Pay no attention to what I am about to give you, throw it out immediately.

Can't you use the head of the house routine? go out for some bad seafood the night before? Develop a bad back overnight? Depression has set in with the end coming?

• sf
    sf

Suggest to her that you split up after awhile saying time will go faster and perhaps "we can go spend some quality time together after we serve Jehovah...blah".

IF she goes for it, get right to your point with the householder about why YOU are at her door. And/ or just leave the tracts with the websites you mention.

I myself distribute fliers. I also keep fliers right by my front door, in a small smokers table. They sure come in handy!

Happy trails.

sKally

• blondie
    blondie

Once you start, will she let you stop???? Why ruin a record of so many years.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I’m really just trying to keep the peace. Keep in mind, my wife has not been in FS for about as long as I have. I could try the “head of the house” routine but it would just end up in an argument. When I first told her my newly discovered feelings and thoughts on the JW religion a while back she went crazy on a super-zealous JW trip, trying to get me to study for and make every meeting, read every mag, daily text every day, etc. She calmed down over a while and we slipped back into our typical irregular meeting attendance, no study routine. What I’m trying to avoid by “keeping the peace” is her returning to that super-zealous JW trip again. The only reason she wants to go in FS is they were talking about the special tract work in our book study and I think she was feeling guilty for not sharing in it. I’m hoping if we do end up going in FS she will remember how ultra-boring and uncomfortable it is and how much work it is with small children. Then maybe she won’t ask to go again for awhile.

• carla
    carla

To bad the dc tract does not fold up, then you could insert the Silentlambs brouchure with it!

• blondie
    blondie

Why don't you let her go and volunteer to stay home with the children? How do you know that going out in the tract work won't get her into the super-jw mode or get the elders or other jws putting pressure on her.

Why doesn't she just study with the kids and count 4 hours a month?

Blondie (give a jw an inch and they will take a mile)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit