Fear and Loathing in - Surrey

by Crumpet 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Funny I never felt anything but relief when the final session of the District Conventions was over!

This PROVES you are normal! I felt exactly the same

Love,

Ian

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hi Cyberdene - glad I made you laugh and thanks for your perspective!

Hi Crumpet it can happen occasionally, why doesn't your boyfriend give you plenty of hugs?

Greendawn =- practical as ever! I do agree nutyritional sources can have an effect - a major one - hence I avoid whiteb read which I love like the plague because of the exhaustive slump it gives. I drink 2-3 litres of water, take my multivit probiotic daily and try to get at least 5 portions of fruit and veg. As for why he doesnt give me plenty. nay ANY hugs - well because we are kind of separated although under the same roof. He wasnt very affectionate before though either - its just there is none now. He doesnt find me attractive he says - my behaviour mainly and he does have a point I guess. But I havent changed personality since we got together 8 years ago - I guess I just wear thin after a while and I tend to wither without any affection.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hey Crumpet you do seem to care about your nutrition as long as you also get enough protein you seem to be doing fine. I suppose when you say multivit you mean those pills also contain some minerals.

If the brain doesn't get all the nutrition it needs it can't produce enough energy and that translates to depression. I hope your relationship becomes affectionate once more, that's what makes us tick.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    As for why he doesnt give me plenty. nay ANY hugs - well because we are kind of separated although under the same roof. He wasnt very affectionate before though either - its just there is none now. He doesnt find me attractive he says - my behaviour mainly and he does have a point I guess. But I havent changed personality since we got together 8 years ago - I guess I just wear thin after a while and I tend to wither without any affection.

He has to realise what the cause of your behaviour (as you put it) is; surely your behaviours would change dramatically if he was prepared to consider you more and be more of a partner instead of a friend. You both are running in opposite directions and this is never going to work while this continues.

It does take two to make a relationship work though and he has to realise that he has a part to play in this too.

Just my tuppence worth.

Gary

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks DB - your advice is gratefully received. I think its just when I am out of sight I am out of mind - he doesnt think about me, not at all. It would make my day to get a phone call from time to time - like today when he could see I was feeling dreadful if he could have just made a quick call to see if I had got to wor okay - it'd be nice to know he cared either way as to whether I was on the train in pieces or under it in pieces! (Yay my grim humour is returning - must be alright!) LOL Dansk! - I shall use that as my measuring stick for normality henceforth!

• Sirona
    Sirona

(((((Crumpet))))))

I know how you feel. I have the post BBQ blues too. Plus, there is noone here when I wake up every day, or when I come home. Except my dog, who is going soon

Having said that, I'm happier than previously, and I think that any change is inevitable and eventually it will turn out to be a good thing. Try and think that even though your relationship is going badly, this might be a necessary change and it will open doors for you. (one door closes, another door opens)

Hugs,

Sirona

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Sirona - that is the sweetest message - thank you! And I feel for you coming back to an empty house - but then sometimes the empty house is preferable to the house with an unpleasant atmosphere I guess. Why is your friend and pet having to go !?

• Sirona
    Sirona

I work full time and on my own its difficult to care for him properly. I really love him though. My Ex says that his sister may want him. She has a 7 year old child and they are home a lot.

Sirona

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Oh Sirona - he looks so cute! I can see the separation being hard but you are just trying to do whats best for him and dogs need company (as do us girls!!!!)

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I really love him though.

Sirona,

Hi! If you can somehow hang on to your dog you MUST!! Believe me, I had to part with one of my dogs years ago and I still regret it to this day!! Can you not get a dog sitter?

I've come to realise that dog's really feel for their owners and he'd miss you as much you him. OK, dogs do get over it - but I never did!

I have two dogs now and they've taught me so much about life.

Love,

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit