Damn blasphemer hit my PARKED Mini Cooper!!!!!

by Elsewhere 42 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Its a new car, the match should be perfect, though of course it could take a while if they have to import the paint from Britain

If you've ever seen "The Italian Job" you'll know how a Mini really wants to be treated (preferably the original version). Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen! Want me to show you sometime? I can do a great Michael Caine accent

It's a lovely piece of machinery, but it's not totally a Ferris Bueller moment

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear that, I know that you are very proud of your mini cooper. People will tell all kinds of nonsense after an accident to evade liability, I am surprised they left their details. Hitting a stationary vehicle in a car park is very hard if not impossible to justify.

I had a similar experience a month ago when someone hit and dented a passenger door, the difference is I haven't got a clue who it was.

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted
    Luckily the "driver" of the other vehicle left their contact information and a small Dallas PD report with an accident number.

At least they left you information, I was at home in my apartment complex minding my own businessness, when i went to leave and find my car i only had for 6 months had a hole in the car along with a dent on driver door. I know the grounds crew had to of done it but had no proof, while I have inusrnace did not have the 500 dectuctible so it still sits 6 months later with a hole and rust.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

After reading your post, this deep thought came to mind.

“If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.”

by Jack Handy

• Warlock
    Warlock

Else,

If it's any consolation (hmmmm...sounds like a magazine), I've had 3 cars, when new, hit by other cars. It just seems like when you get a new car there is some Mr. Magoo around to ruin it. In this state, if you hit a parked car, even if it's double parked, it's your fault. Hope it's the same in Texas.

Warlock (from the state of car worshipers)

• Satanus
    Satanus

My sympathies and condolences. I hate it when that happens. At least they left their info w you. I think you deserve to have the whole car repainted,, and a few extra coats of wax. Where is gumby when you need a good wax job??!

S

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Aw, your poor Mini!! I love my Mini too. I remember when I first got it I would look out the window everytime I heard another car parking by it. I still close the mirrors when i park too.

It's a shame that the person is trying to blame you. People are such @-holes about that stuff. A few months ago when someone did a u-turn in front of me she tried to blame me. I would hope that if I caused an accident I would admit to it. Karma will get them.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ok, my nerves are a lot better today.

I was able to get in contact with her insurance company and started the ball rolling.

Regarding fault, I don't see how it would possibly be mine, especially considering I was in a private parking lot and I wasn't even in the car.

Stop and think about it... if it were possible to hit an unoccupied car and then claim damages from the owner, we would have a demolition derby going on in every parking lot in America. There is simply no rational way to enact such a law without creating chaos.

She's just going to have to calm her nerves, deal with it and move on.

At the end of the day the whole thing is nothing really... just a minor fender bender. (I sure hope I didn't anger the MINI gawds with that comment... I better go zip my car around some hair-pin corners so they don't rain down Buick parts on me!!! )

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

(((Elsewhere)))

Sorry to hear that

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I just got Nancy back today!

Yes... it took over two weeks for them to put her back together!

The good news is that she looks good as new! I was very relieved that the paint matched up perfectly and they used only OEM parts.

Oh, and it didn't cost me a dime. The other person's insurance picked up the whole bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit