ZIDANE EXPLAINS HEADBUTT

by tijkmo 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Zidane Explains World Cup Head-Butt

Zinedine Zidane has claimed repeated insults about his mother and sister spurred him to head-butt an Italian in Sunday's World Cup final. The French captain declared "I'm a man first" to explain his reaction but refused to repeat the "personal" remarks. A 10-man

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Zidane Explains World Cup Head-Butt

Zinedine Zidane has claimed repeated insults about his mother and sister spurred him to head-butt an Italian in Sunday's World Cup final. The French captain declared "I'm a man first" to explain his reaction but refused to repeat the "personal" remarks. A 10-man

• tijkmo
  • greendawn
    greendawn

The Italian obviously said something serious to provoke him to such an attack therefore I think Zidane shouldn't get punished very severely for what he did after Materazzi admitted to insulting him.

• under_believer
    under_believer

What a wussy. Hasn't he ever seen The Sandlot?
    "Hey look, there's your sister. She's naked. Your sister is naked in the outfield." And those were little kids.
    Big baby. Nothing he experienced hasn't been experienced by every professional sportsman in every sport everywhere in the world.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The headbutt was the only thing about the world cup that I found interesting.

W

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Nothing he experienced hasn't been experienced by every professional sportsman in every sport everywhere in the world.

just because everybody does it...doesnt make it acceptable

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Im with tijkmo on this one, if anyone called my mother a whore I would not walk away. Materazzi got off light, I think Zidane showed remarkable restraint by headbutting him in the chest. The normal target is your antagonizers face - he wouldn't have been such a pretty boy after that!

• greendawn
    greendawn

As he said it was a matter of honour one can only take so much. What really pissed me off with that match is that the Italians won though they were clearly the inferior team.

• lowden
    lowden

EXPLAIN THE HEADBUTT????

There is NO explanation or excuse for his behaviour. As Martin O'Neil said on the BBC commentary "That (insults) only happens once every 10 seconds in a football game". Zidane was a professional and disgraced himself, his country and the competition. I shudder to think how many kids (particularly French ones) repeated the behaviour in the school playground the following day. It saddened me more because i like the French and their gorgeous country. Won't stop me wanting to retire to the Canal Du Midi though.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit