Anyone have a favorite dish for the grill they are willing to share?

by restrangled 30 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Its the middle of summer, I am trying to keep 3... 6 footers fed and can only serve steak or hamburgers so many nights.

Its too hot to heat up the oven and I am running out of ideas.

Any grill miesters out there willing to share your favorite recipe would be appreciated, including marinades, veggie side dishes etc.

Many thanks in advance. (yes I know this isn't a cooking forum, but we all have to eat and thought it would be fun for everyone!)

r.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I just saw one on tv that I am going to be trying right away. BEER CAN CHICKEN.

You open up the can of beer with an old fashioned bottle opener. Make several holes in it. Put the can on a cookie sheet and then stand a chicken over the openings. Pput on the grill at approx. 200 degrees for about 2 hours. Oh, put melted butter on it before you set on the grill and then at least one time while it cooks.

If you want you can merinate the bird before you cook it.

Or inject juices under the skin.

This is my next barbeque project. If any one does it before I do let me know how it comes out... ok?

cab p.s. this would be great apostafest food!!!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

We must be reading from the same page. I was just about to post the same recipe. (one of my favorites)

I have one little addition, if I may...Mix up a paste of light olive oil, spices as you like, and some hot chili peppers. Rub the bird inside and out with the mixture before putting it on the grill. When the meat starts to slip off the bones, it's done.

Enjoy...

• cathyk
    cathyk

North Carolina Eastern-Style Pulled-Pork Barbecue

Enough soaked (in water!) hickory chips to replenish a smoker box over 8 hours

6 to 10 lb. pork shoulder

Fill a smoker box or aluminum pan with wood chips. Heat the grill till the chips begin to smoke. If it's a gas grill, turn the heat to "low." Roast the shoulder at this low heat, replenishing the wood chips as they burn up, until the meat is falling off the bone.

Cool the roast until you are able to pull the meat from the bone. Chop the larger pieces with a cleaver or other sharp knife.

Serve on a sandwich bun with a NC-style barbecue "sauce":

• 1 cup plain vinegar
    • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    • 3 drops of lemon juice

(Courtesy of http://hkentcraig.com/BBQrecipes1.html)

Traditional side dishes include hush puppies, greens (collard, kale, mustard), green beans, coleslaw, and Brunswick stew (recipes for hush puppies and Brunswick stew on the same web page listed above).

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

marinate chicken breast in zesty Italian salad dressing........bite size pieces........

cut up fav veggies.........and do shish kabobs......

mmmmmmm..................the dressing makes the meat very tender.

purps

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Mmm, jumbo shrimps brushed with teriyaki sauce, and or baked potatoes split in the middle with a slice of bacon inside while cooking. Delicious!

• sf
    sf

You simply can't go wrong with lots of fresh seafood. Brush with olive oil. Salt and peppers.

This makes great kabobs and is a treat to eat. Kabobs are ALWAYS a crowd pleaser and a great way to kick up your menu.

You can opt to baste them with various sauces or dip them.

Fresh veggies. Peppers, corncobs, thick slices of onions. Brush them all with olive oil and salt and pepper them well.

Also, stick a whole bundle of garlic in a piece of foil and pour olive oil over it. You can tuck it up by the hot coils or place it on the grill.

For dessert, roast fruit brushed with butter/ brown sugar/ vanilla sauce and top with ice cream, whipped cream or yogurt. Yummo!

Don't forget the cocktails. I like champagne poured over fresh fruit.

Let me know if you try it.

Enjoy!

sKally

• Carmel
    Carmel

Fresh spring chinook salmon fillets marinated in sauce of 1pt lemon juice, 1pt olive oil and 1pt soy sauce! Helps to have fishermen friends to bring you the fish, otherwise it's about $20 lb.

carmel

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

In your supermarket you should find a marinade called "Island Teriyaki" by Soy Vay brand.

Get some mini chicken drummettes (preferrably skinless) and soak them for two days in this stuff. Add some extra sesame seeds if you would like. Then grill them.

They are sooo tasty. A brother in my congregation made chicken like this and they were so yummy. I have good memories of reading Flowers For Algernon in a single night while eating a bag of them. He called it his "Famous Chicken" :)

• nelly136
    nelly136

spatchcock chicken, cut out the backbone so it lays flat , it will cook quicker than a whole chicken and you can marinate it or baste it with whatever takes your fancy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit