Anyone have a favorite dish for the grill they are willing to share?

by restrangled 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't have a recipe with me, but my favourite is a pork rib roast done on the BBQ. I have the burner going on one side of the BBQ and the roast on the other, for indirect heat. BBQ cover is down. I keep the heat around 300F. Use your favourite BBQ sauce, and mesquite chips or liquid smoke too. Potato salad is a must, as is beer.

Ok, ok, I know you women always insist on some veggies, so you can pick your own.

W

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

My family is really picky when it comes to salad dressings, and I ended up with a bunch of them in the fridge that no one would eat... So I started using them as marinades for meat we would bbq. Huge success!!

GGG

• lilybird
    lilybird

I cooked a roast of beef on the grill last nite for dinner.. First I rubbed the outside with a mixture of Montreal steak spice, garlic&herb spice,cooked it on the grill at 300 for about 3 hours. I sliced potatoes and sprinkled them with olive oil and garlic&herb spice and grilled them on the bbq. The roast was delicious ..The outside browned nicely but inside it was very tender .I also cut carrots and wrapped them in foil with butter to have on the side. It was nice to not have a lot of pans to wash after like usual with a roast beef dinner.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

This is an idea for the side dish. When I make potato salad I always pull the potatos off the stove and drain them... at this point I already have them diced... put them in a bowl and add the dressing of your choice. Stir and put in fridge for 2 or 3 hours stirring here and there. Then add eggs and mayo , some chives or whatever you like.

cab

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Stir and put in fridge for 2 or 3 hours stirring here and there.

Yeah, I tend to do a lot of that "stirring here and there". It doesn't take long for the stirring to evolve into sampling. Quality control, you know. I consider myself lucky if I have enough potato salad left for dinner.

W

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Sorry to hijack this thread...

I sun dry my tomatoes in the sun, I will even cut up some basil from my garden and leave it on the tomatoes while they dry.

If I get a rain storm or its too humid, I will put them in the oven on top of parchment paper at a really low heat .

My mom puts hers (after they are dried) into garlic infused olive oil and saves them for salads or on top of brie cheese...they are delish!

I only have 3 tomato plants this year in my little 3 x 5 garden...so I don't think I'll be drying that many...unfortunately!

Chrystal

• garybuss
    garybuss

I like kabobs. I just skewer up some chunks of chicken breast, onions and green and red peppers, and then baste them with Worcestershire sauce and a little garlic pepper. Then I dip the parts in Heinz 57 Sauce on the plate . . . Mmmmmmm
    Anything will fill up a lumberjack if ya give him enough of it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Pacific Salmon (not farm salmon) wrapped in aluminum foil to stop it burning. A nice big wedge of lemon on each piece of fish . Freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of course sea salt. A nice chopped onion inside the foil and then for moisture a drop of beer. Cook and serve with a spinach salad - wonderful

• restrangled
    restrangled

Why Georgia, ... I can't sun dry tomatoes here in florida (too humid) but I will try your oven technique. I Love them, but they are so darned costly in the grocery store. Hi jacking...NO problem!

r

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Marinade chicken tenders in your favorite marinade or dressing

grill

put aside

throw flour tortilla on grill and top with Monterrey Jack cheese

remove when cheese is melted

wrap tenders in tortilla with melted cheese

enjoy

-----------------------------

There are variations of this. My decadent version is to toothpick purple onion and fresh jalapeno to the tender and wrap with bacon and grill. The bacon seals tight to the chicken tender and keeps the veggies secure. Then repeat the above with grilling the tortilla with the Monterray Jack cheese and drop those bacon-wrapped babies into it. Man, it is soooo good with a cold beer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit