Anyone have a favorite dish for the grill they are willing to share?

by restrangled 30 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

Some easy favorites:

Chicken

1 lb. Skinless, boneless chicken breasts

1 pkg. McCormick's Mesquite Marinade

Marinade the chicken per the directions on the McCormick's package

Grill them.

New York Strip Steaks (or any other sort really)

1 lb. steak

1 pkg McCormick's Montreal Steak Marinade (or Stubb's Beef Marinade)

Marinade the steaks per the directions on the marinade package. (I substitute cider vinegar or red wine vinegar on the McCormick's.)

Don't marinade them for more than an hour as the vinegar (in the McCormick recipe) will start to break down the consistency of the steak.

Grill them.

I have one for excellent grilled jumbo shrimp, but it's been so long that I've forgotten the name of the exact type of Lea & Perrins sauce I used.

• nelly136
    nelly136

lee & perrins worcestershire sauce maybe?

• Jourles
    Jourles

There's too many ways to do meats. But here are a couple of mine that get requested over and over(both very simple):

• Jerked Shrimp. Peel jumbo sized shrimp down to the tail. Skewer several on either water soaked bamboo or steel skewers. Grill on direct heat for about 3 minutes each side. For the mix, use Walker's Wood jerk sauce(the thick paste type, not the liquid kind). Depending on the amount of shrimp you are cooking up, use about 5 parts butter to 1 part jerk sauce. Melt the butter in a cup and add in the jerk sauce. Stir well. As the shrimp are about done, brush the mix onto the shrimp coating both sides. Enjoy!
    • Grilled asparagus. Skewer several stalks of asparagus onto water soaked bamboo sticks. Grill over direct heat for around 3-4 minutes on each side. Prepare a mix of 4 parts soy sauce to 1 part sesame oil in a cup. As they are cooking, liberally brush soy sauce/sesame oil over the entire stalk. Once the cooking time is up, remove from heat and brush one last time so that they are slightly wet from the soy sauce mix. This way, when you sprinkle some sesame seeds over the stalks, it sticks to them. Yummy.
  • Scully
    Scully

We love making kabobs and souvlaki and chicken satay on the BBQ.

Our local market sells marinated pork souvlaki kabobs and those are our favorites. I make a big pot of rice in the microwave (2 cups raw parboiled rice, 2 cubes of chicken broth, 4 cups hot water, nuke on high for 20 minutes and throw in a handful of seasoned slivered almonds when it's done) to go with, along with a big greek salad or caesar salad.

To make chicken satays you can find a marinade in your supermarket's ethnic section; usually near the Thai or Indian seasonings. Mix up the marinade and take a couple of sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts and marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge. Then thread the strips of chicken on to skewers and then cook on the BBQ. They cook in no time, so you'll have to watch them and turn them quickly. You can use the same marinade for shrimp or scallops... mmmmm yummy!!

I sometimes dice some clean new potatoes (skins and all) and throw them in a microwave safe container and drizzle with your favorite salad dressing. Toss it a bit to coat the potatoes. Nuke for 20 mintues and voilĂ ! Some of my favorite choices for salad dressing to go on top are the fat free ranch, fat free creamy Caesar, fat free Italian, balsamic vinaigrette or a sundried tomato and basil vinaigrette. All very yummy, and a little different from the ordinary!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Mixing soy sauce with garlic powder and marinating steak is really good.

I make quesadilla's on my grill with whatever is left over from the previous nights BBQ...but my favorite quesadilla is a veggie one.

Sun dried tomatoes from my garden, feta cheese, spinach and basil on a corn tortilla...its yummy.

I have nights when I cook everything on the grill including my sons chicken nuggets and french fries!

Good luck!

Chrystal

• daystar
    daystar
    lee & perrins worcestershire sauce maybe?

LOL@nelly136! One would think! But no, it's actually one of their steak sauces. Sweet and 'something'. Can't find anything by google.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks everyone! Lots of great sounding dishes here. Keep 'em coming.

r.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Chrystal,

How do you sun dry your own tomatos? Is it as easy as sitting them in the sun and just leaving them there?

cab

• Legolas
    Legolas

Turkeys and roasts are the BEST when done on the BBQ with a rotisserie!

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

Salmon:

Place your salmon in tin foil. top it with a honey mustard mixture, and favorite herbs. Wrap it tight and throw it on the grill.

Brats:

Grill your brats and then place them in a pan on the side full of beer with sauteed onions.

Potatoes:

Dice potatoes and onions, season and wrap in tin foil.

Make a foil bag and fill with various veggies that are coated in olive oil and seasoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit