Newbie intro

by Just as I am 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Just as I am
    Just as I am

Greendawn: You're right, they have corrupted the name Jehovah. I prefer to refer to Him as Father, myself.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome Just As I Am,

Glad you found us here. I'm sorry to hear you were stuck in the thinking "What if their right?" mentality. It is not a good feeling. I didn't leave the jws until 2001, and found all I needed on the internet. It gave me a quick release because I read everything I could find. Just hearing the facts and understanding how jws came into being. It only took me about 6 months to go through the angry stage and to be set free enough to explore other religions. I did much like you did just visited different ones. The jws are just purely bogus nonsense, just like Latter Day Saints, and Adventists, and several others. Religions is about bringing people to know a loving and kind God and not beating them over the head with fear and anxiety and nonsense. People have it hard enough without the constant feeding of guilt.

Glad you and your cousin found each other and are on the same page. This is a great site and we are fortunate to have it thanks to Randy. He tops.

Balsam

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Just as I am and squarebzz, and welcome to the forum.

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Newbies!

• bebu
    bebu

Welcome Just as I am, and I enjoyed your post. Glad you have a relative whom you can meet up with at church. VERY glad you also have read Steven Hassan's book.

AND a BIG WELCOME to all the NEWBIES on this thread:

nsrn

sirnose586

restrangled

squarebzz

vanillamocha73

tremoka

desertrat (you've been around but I haven't welcomed you yet!)

Looks like a lot of us have to retire now to make room for all these new ones!!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit