Newbie intro

by Just as I am 35 Replies latest jw friends

• elliej
    elliej

Welcome Just as I am and Squarebzz! And congratulations on your newfound freedom.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Welcome to the family. I really enjoyed your post! Keep 'em coming!!!!

cab

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Just As I Am & Squarebzz:

Warmest welcome to you both!!!

DesertRat

• Just as I am
    Just as I am

I appreciate the welcomes from everyone.

nsrn wrote: I think you must be my long lost twin or something...

I felt that way after reading through the archived posts and relating to what A LOT of people were and are going through.

restrangled wrote: The only difference is I am too burned up over organized religion to pursue anything.

It may or may not ever feel better for you. Remember, I have been "out" for 26 years and until just 2 years ago I felt the same way. What changed was attending services that are done in a nonjudgemental way and full of the arts (drama, music, art, media) that speak to people in a relevant way. Heck, we even had a series over 5 weekends called "My lame sex life" with billboards posted around town! Right now our series is based on SNL with skits similar to SNL's, including The Culps from Alta Dena Middle School singing about Joseph and his coat of many colors! You can even watch it here if you'd like: www.gccwired.com and click on Weekend (you have to go there before Saturday).

I said that I have never posted to a forum before and did not have a clue how to do this. However, I have a 15-year-old daughter who just walked me through all the above. I guess ya gotta go to the experts! Sheesh!

• Just as I am
    Just as I am
    squarebzz wrote: I too have been checking out the posts lately and I just wanted to say thank you for your post because it inspired me to come out as well... I am very very excited to find this site and so many people who can truly understand what I have been going through all these years.

Glad I inspired you. Keep up the search for your true self.

By the way, I hope I didn't sound like I was advertising my church...sorry.

Just

• tremoka
    tremoka
    I am now free, free, FREE to live and love and worship as I choose without that hook of guilt leading me around by the lip all the time. It's been 5 months since I discovered the truth that set me free and I am still giddy with happiness that it's all over, but still dealing with some resentment. And I know I will have to deal for a while yet with thoughts and actions that were indoctrinated into my little-kid head that creep in from time to time which affect me in various ways.

My sentiments exactly!!!

This is exactly what I'm experiencing now.

Relief, Freedom, Peace, Happiness, Free to learn and experience life!

I find myself bitter with resentment often. But I've finally tasted what true life is about, I've no more time and energy to waste on personal JW trauma. I want to move forward.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome to you too squarebzz!

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

I couldn't agree more about attending a non-judgemental church. It was so frightening at first, but now I feel like I have a real relationship with Jesus, and church is actually a place of joy. The KH surely never was!!!! Unless you got some sick joy from being critical and slamming other people. There have been a couple "fear factors" for me.... a) Praying and not saying "Dear Jehovah" - I have not been able to get past this one yet. b) The first time I took communion, feeling like I was going to be struck dead on the spot. I actually became physically ill that weekend. How long does it take to heal past those points? I feel like communion does not mean some "special class" but rather the reminder that we are not under condemnation for our errors any longer. But it is still scary...

• mouthy
    mouthy

So happy your here & FREE!!!!!!! (((((((HUG))))))

Granny/Grace/mouthy

• LDH
    LDH

3 newbies in one thread....we are getting luckier all the time!

Hello all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit