Shepherding Call

by 95stormfront 25 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

I agree with Blondie. If they don't respect your home and your time, make a polite excuse and leave. By staying and talking with them, you're inadvertently encouraging them to continue making nuisances of themselves.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Friends......I just closed on a new $300K house, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let a couple of Walmart greeters with delusions of grandier run me out of it for any reason.

I could care less about her having "friends" over as long as they cross my threshold in "guest-mode" and not as God or WT security agents with the expectation of exercising any authority over me. Homey don't play that!!!!!

That being said, I have told her, and them, in the past, and reiterated during their visit point blank that I am happy as is and am in no need nor have any fear of WT bullshit or dying at Armageddon, so soon around the corner.

As it were, during their stay, I made them very uncomfortable by doing just as Undercover suggested. They came in with that good cop\bad cop routine. I had the silent good cop sighing heavily when I'd corner them on a particular point. It finally ended up with them trying to put words in my mouth by trying to clarify my statements through the seive of WT psychobable which I corrected them on on numerous occasions. I knew exactly what this elder was trying to do, trying to formulate my responses in such a way as they could use them judiciously, and nailed him on it at every turn. They played the guilt cards, the fear card, the armageddon right around the corner card to which I responded that they were out of line since the very scripture they tried to use against me as not living my life in expectation of armageddon right around the corner was the one that said it would come as a theif in the night.....how would they know that it was next week, next month, or even next year.

Right now fresh from the convention, they all seem to be on this "no independent spirit" kick and I am getting sick of it.

Back to my wife......

She remarked to me how proud she was when a "friend" of hers' husband came to his wife's defense when a person outside of their home got uppity and made a "crossed the line" remark getting in their personal and marital business. As much as she admired what her friends husband did, I think I'm going to tell her that I was not appreciative of this last elder visit and that I expect to be defended by her, as her friends husband defended his wife, if ever they come back to our home and try that stuff with me again.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"I've found that being in the middle of cleaning my rifle and .45 works even better."
    --Justice-One
    Hah, that's a good one. Do you have a collection of gun-related songs to clean them by?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Good for you 95stormfront!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I guess I was lucky, they didnt do one sheperding call on me the whole six years I have been here! (except the last one where they decided to have a jc meeting, first and last call lol)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well done 95stormfront,

It sounds like you handled them pretty well. It might be a while before they try coming back, they hate being asked questions they can't answer, or the questioner doesn't accept their answer.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

must be a different breed of elder to the ones around here . They don't give a toss. Sheperding call?? you have a better chance of getting a home visit from your GP doctor!! {UK posters willl know what I mean}

My wife never gets any interest shown in her , let alone in me the "husband"

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

sometimes you have to be a real bastard. if and when they show up again ,either tell them your going to call the police on them for harrassment. as you have asked many times for them to leave you alone. or to really make them shit in their pants. keep them at the door , excuse yourself for a minute go inside and call the police. keep talking to them at the door. when the cops arrive. act all upset. tell the cops , these people are harrassing me all the timer , infringing on my freedom of religion , my civil rights, and my peace. and you want to file a complaint. now. to get an order of protection. by law the cops are required to do this. it's a hard line to take. but they will be very embrassed. and will never bother you again. john

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Man.......I feel for you. The last time I even talked to an elder from my old kh was October, 2003.

Just wondering if I am shunned these days and I don't even know about it?

Come to think of it........my neighbors who know I'm no longer involved tell me that the jw's never come around anymore.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyhow.........continue to love your wife and I hope you are able to eventually help her see the folly of the WTBTS.

HappyDad

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Does your wife still believe that 'head of the house' crap? Just tell her that as her husband you expect her to respect your decision that elders are not welcome in your home.

Put the tricky situation in her court!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit