Shepherding Call

by 95stormfront 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    "I've found that being in the middle of cleaning my rifle and .45 works even better."

--Justice-One

Hah, that's a good one. Do you have a collection of gun-related songs to clean them by?

Fife and Drum is always good. But I have found that having the movie Red Dawn on in the background really freaks them out. LOL.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

The thing of it is, if any body else comes to the house and try to corner or get in our personal business the way these elders did, she'd be incensed and talking about it for days on end;but them as supposed "representatives of jee-whore-bah" on the lookout for their view of my best interests, they're doing what they are supposed to do and it's much ado about nothing. In fact, I should be appreciative of them continueing to think of me. WTF!!!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The last couple of times, she always, conveniently finds something else that needs her attention leaving me to play twenty questions with their trying to pry into my schedule to slip in WT bullshit.

Simple. Your wife allowed them to come so it's up to her to talk to them. If she's too busy to do so SHE should be the one to inform them and tell them to leave. There is no reason why you can't abandon them in whatever room she has them sitting in. I'm sure you can find things that require your attention.

It sounds to me like your wife is deliberately putting you on the spot.

W

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Does your wife still believe that 'head of the house' crap? Just tell her that as her husband you expect her to respect your decision that elders are not welcome in your home.

Put the tricky situation in her court!

I will......by insisting that if they fail to cross our threshold in "guest-mode" that she be there to defend me and tell them to mind their own business as she'd expect me to do if I had a guest in the house that said something getting in our business that she wouldn't like.

If that doesn't happen, then "Bitch-Stormfront" will rear his ugly head!

She's seen that Stormfront in action with others. I know she doesn't want him shown to her elder "friends".

• dvw
    dvw

hey man, only you know how it is to live with your wife. if you are otherwise happy with her, dont F it up. if she is still a jw. she will see all this from a different angle than a non jw. the elders are bound to secrecy concerning anything they talk about with you. remind them of that. and tell them they are not to discuss you with anyone, including your spouse. you are not a sheep, so by definition, you have no need of a shepherd.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Have you just tried some disgusting habits to ensure they don't come over. Like pick your nose when they're talking to you, fart loudly and often, draw pictures of hideous scenes of death, read a book with the dumbest/corniest picture of Fabio you've ever seen, cut your toenails on the table they're using to read the bible, seriously put your imagination to work I'm sure you can get some good stuff going to completely mess up their plans. Hey when they ask you questions answer with something stupid.

"Do you even believe in Jehovah's will anymore?"

"Jamaica is nice, well the resort side of Jamaica, obviously not the shanty-filled people stabbing each other side of Jamaica, still it is rather nice and I wouldn't mind going there some time."

"If you could turn with me to John 14:7?"

"Speaking of Turns, did you see 'As The World Turns Today' if you did, don't tell me anything I'm going to be watching right after you guys leave. Unless you guys want to watch it with me."

"Armageddon is just around the corner you know, maybe it's time you start thinking about that?"

"Armageddon is just around the corner, are you kidding, it seems everything is just around the corner. I was watching the news the other day and they were saying that these guys from this web place Myspace hide around corners in order to kill random people from the website. If they came to me I'd have to say "Armageddon outta here" Ha get it? *heavy sigh* ah good times"

Just some suggestions...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit