BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS Twisting a life-affirming law into death

by Terry 80 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Quentin

It's hard to watch a parent, or any loved one die...I stood in a cold hospital room and watched as my jw father drew his last breaths...you know why? Because the life saving heart surgery he needed would have required the use of blood...

Reading that felt like being hit in the chest by a 2 X 4. I'm so sorry you had to experience that, too. I was looking around, back then, at this wonderfully modern, fully equipped hospital. I watched and listened to medical doctors, nurses and techs who represented some of the brightest humans who spent decades learning and honing their skills...to help save other humans lives.

The frustration, not anger, showed clearly in their eyes..that they were being bridled and halted from using those skills to help my Mom.

It was surreal...to have this help ready & waiting...just out of reach, because of a hypocritical, always changing religious belief.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

My above post is for superhooper.

Tigerman

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

supperhooper:

". . .if a person dies for there faith, it can make them the happiest person in the world and make them feel at ease."

If you made someone I loved believe the above and they died because of it, I would see to it that you would be faced with the same situation in the very near future.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    It was surreal...to have this help ready & waiting...just out of reach, because of a hypocritical, always changing religious belief...Rabbit

Very true...I will always be thankful I was not a jw when my wife had her heart attack...after triple b-pass and (shudder)blood transfusions she is still here fifteen years later...sadly can't say the same for my dad...

Anyone who cannot see the twisted reason for the wt blood doctrine has no ability to reason...Although Terry's thinking on the matter is open to debate, that is to say what place the Noahide Laws have in the Jerusalem edict, it is reasoned, it makes sense. The wt position does not, biblically or scientifically...it's junk theology...

Thanks for the kind words Rabbit, I too am sorry you went through that with your mother...it just doesn't have to be that way...

• Terry
    Terry
    ...Although Terry's thinking on the matter is open to debate, that is to say what place the Noahide Laws have in the Jerusalem edict, it is reasoned, it makes sense.

Twas Augustine who put the bee in my bonnet. I can't claim any insight on my own.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Augustine eh?...hmmm... I'll have to go brush up...at any rate the Noahide Laws are interesting...never knew they existed till a few years back...tis the cloistered life I live...and never thought of them as a reason for the blood prohibition of Acts...Your up late...

• Terry
    Terry

I personally use to think the JW "education" was better than anybody anywhere.

Now I realize they don't teach you much of anything and they conceal much more than they reveal!

It is an intellectual crime that not one JW in a hundred has even heard of the Noahide Laws!

(I often stay up till one a.m.)

• Quentin
    Quentin

Yeah...Hehe...back in the day I would have thought Noahide was some kind of upholstery...amazing what you can/do learn when you get to a place where you actually use your brain for yourself...good night Gracie I'm off to bed...keep those fires stoked...maybe the blood issue will be the thing that cracks the tower...that would be sweet eh?

• Warren
    Warren

Doesn't God's law to Noah clearly state at Genesis 9:4 not to eat the blood of animals killed for food? I don't see the basis for concluding that the admonition to abstain from blood was only a prohibition against murder.

• james_woods
    james_woods

But, Warren - that was only the old testament law...

Nowadays, since we have been enlightened by Franz & Co., we can drain off the blood of our animal victims, fractionate it into its various components, and then make a delicious dark gravy from whatever parts we like. This can then be poured all over those delicious medium-rare sirloin steaks. (For now, at least...maybe this will get changed again in the paradise new earth?)

It is even OK to inject such blood fractions into our veins when the doctor says it is necessary. (as of today circa 2006).

But, of course, your new light may vary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit