Meeting a poster

by purplesofa 24 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I want to tell everyone what a joy it was to meet DantheMan over the weekend.

I have never felt more comfortable with who I am. There certainly is an unspoken understanding amongst people that have come away from the JW experiance. In particular I think we find it difficult to be mean and judgemental to each other.

An unconditional love that we all crave.

I never felt fellow commraderie quite at this level.

I am posting this openly for those that are apprehensive to meet others from the board.

There are no thanks huge enough for what I recieved from Dan's visit. Be good to yourself, treat yourself to meeting someone from the board. If it is reaching out with a PM, email, phone call, or meeting in person, There is no way you can regret it.

You made it through diehard JW's ..........you can survive reaching out to a fellow exJW. I feel it can do nothing but enhance your exit, validate even deeper your worthiness to be who you are without someone telling you who you should be.

Thanks heaps MsMcDuckett (hope your mom is doing better) for such a nice gift.

and thanks heaps DantheMan for coming here and treating me to such a wonderful weekend, but beyond that, your friendship.

purps

ps ..........I told everyone not to waste their money going to see Superman today. And if someone said they liked it .....I told them...........there is something seriously wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is great meeting posters. I have a few friends that I hang out with now that are former JWs. There is a great bond knowing that you have all suffered the same injustice and that at some later time in life need to rebuild everything from friendships to beliefs.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I'll second that. Everytime I've met up with someone from this site its been great. We all have very similar histories and now can help one another with our new journeys.

Like demonstrating how to make a 'line' from the sugar packets hey JW Facts!

• JH
    JH

That's why I go to apostofests. It's so good to see the people who post here. We are all brothers and sisters and we all have lots of love for one another.

• Odrade
    Odrade

heehee, JH said "brothers and sisters." He is a pawn of satan, don't let him fool you...

• JH
    JH
    He is a pawn of satan, don't let him fool you

Gee, I tried my best to remove the horns off my avatar...

• Odrade
    Odrade

yer horns is so big they's stickin' out of ya mouth... *shudder*

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    ps ..........I told everyone not to waste their money going to see Superman today. And if someone said they liked it .....I told them...........there is something seriously wrong with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg, purps could turn her criticism of this movie into a standup routine...I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. "I'VE GOT HEART PALPITATIONS!!!!" ROFLMAO!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes I am really pissed off that I am not going to be able to make the Dallas Apostafest - that would have been awesome

• JH
    JH

Stilla, I sure hope you'll be at the Wisconsin meet up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit