Meeting a poster

by purplesofa 24 Replies latest jw friends

• In Between
    In Between

Great post Purplesofa ... I am looking forward to meeting a few this weekend in Denver!

And as a newbie ... I would also agree that reaching out, even with a PM, is a good call. BTW, that's an invite for anyone who wants to drop me a line ... hahaha.

I've been talking to a theripist (is that a bad word here?) and even he encouraged me to stay connected to this board and some of the people here. Kind of a support group as I get through the 'final' stages.

• sspo
    sspo

Are you from Franklin TN or ,winchester or manchester or columbia or pulaski

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I've been talking to a theripist (is that a bad word here?) and even he encouraged me to stay connected to this board and some of the people here. Kind of a support group as I get through the 'final' stages.

That's really interesting, because my theripist said just the opposite. He said it wasn't a good idea to keep rehashing old painful memories and I should move on.

Ummm..three years later I'm still here.

Great post purplesofa, I have met some wonderful people here.

lisa

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

cripes.........my server went down when i was posting about the emu balls...........

be back in a bit......

purps

• Brigid
    Brigid

Well, then the stars are definitely in line for me this month. This weekend, I have the privilege of meeting fellow Denverites/Coloradans at a get together to be followed by a hike (looking forward to both!). And then at the end of this month, I am going to Dallas to meet fellow sojourners. I cannot wait. For so long now, I have been running from my past, trying to block out the fact that I was indeed raised as and lived as one of Jehovah's Witnesses...like I was trying to scorch the very earth from which I issued forth from. I would not even tell the people closest to me that I was once a Jehovah's Witness. I am getting so much better at that now. I'm actually beginning to know that it was not all negative--in that while I would never ever go back, it very much influenced who I am today.

So, I am looking forward to meeting anyone I can who shares my past.

Love and Light to you all.

Can't wait to meet everyone this month.

~Brigid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit