Maybe fluff, but not really, HOW BIG WAS YOUR POWER BILL THIS MONTH?

by restrangled 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Looks I've got the highest (lucky me).

$577 for 2800 sq foot home. I keep it at 79 during the day and 71 at night. Just spent $2500 on new coils for the upstairs unit and now my downstairs unit can't hold the temperature. I set it at 76 over the weekend to see, and it shot up to 79 at 5:00 p.m. before cooling down to 73 around 10.

Tried telling that to the AC people and got that stupid lecture about how AC only blows air 15 degrees cooler than the outside temps

I think I've got a problem, but I don't know what. My bill shouldn't be that high. If I was running it at 68, okay I could see but this is ridiculous. I'm seriously pissed off about this but I don't know what to do.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

My apt is just over 600 sq feet which is big enough for just me and all my utilities, gas, water, electric, cable, wireless internet are included and I keep it as cool or as warm as I like, all for a whopping $665 a month. I thought about getting a bigger apartment at the same place but I really dont wanna move right now.

• jgnat
    jgnat

$35 electric bill, about the same for gas for my water heater. That's for 217.08 kWh. This far north, we don't need air conditioning. Our big bills come in the middle of the winter, natural gas, to run our furnace.

By the way, I have an 800 square foot townhome, not including the basement. On the hottest nights we run a fan in our bedroom.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I just received my highest electric bill ever - $236!!! This is for a 1600 sf house kept at 78 degrees. The billing period covers mid June to mid July. I hate to see the next one, which covers the hottest part of the summer, statistically speaking.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, it just got hotter. It's 31C right now, that's 89.9 F. We'll sleep downstairs tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit