OMG im addicted to E-Bay

by Es 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Thanks hun

es

• dido
    dido

Es- i sell wonderbra`s on ebay, have been doing it for a living for over a year now, and it is soooo easy to make a living doing that! Problem is tho` i find i isolate myself by working from home, and it`s not helped me to `get out there` and mix with people which i should really be doing. Still i suppose you can`t have it all, can you?

• Kareoke Queen
    Kareoke Queen

I've found some fab bargains on ebay too.

To prevent myself from spending too much money, what I usually do is sell some of my unwanted junk first, save up some money in my Paypal account and then use only what's in my account to buy new stuff. That way I never really spend any money...well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway!!

I had a MASSIVE clear out and sold loads of stuff a couple of months ago. There were so many things I thought wouldn't sell but they did!! I bought myself a return ticket to India to meet up with my fiance (he's in the Navy & was stationed over there for a few weeks a while ago) with the money I made!! I just wish I could type quicker so that I wouldn't take SOOOOO long listing every detail!

It's fun but very time consuming-the number of days I've lost to Ebay!!

KQ

• Es
    Es

That is so awesom kareoke queen, perhaps one day i will get into the selling??? With the selling how do you calculate the postage? Like i know the postage i paid for wasnt how much it cost to actually send it.

Do the sellers make up a quote or do they have to get the things weighed before hand???

es

• Kareoke Queen
    Kareoke Queen

I usually weigh and wrap everything after I've taken photo's of the stuff I wanna sell. I then weigh it at home on my kitchen scales and have a list of postal charges that I downloaded from Royal Mail so I know how much it'll cost to post in the UK. I then add on to the postal charge the cost of the padded envelope/wrapping paper/box (depending on what I'm selling) on top of the postage cost and if you live quite a distance from a post office it's good to add a little money on top for your petrol/gas expenses.

You'll very rarely buy something from ebay and find the amount you paid for postage is exactly the amount it cost for them to post it. It's not unreasonable to charge a little extra for the wrap etc. and ebay don't take a dim view of that either. Unless you're charging WAY over the postage costs-which a lot of sellers do to avoid paying sellers fee's.

If there's a particular item you're wanting to sell, try look up a similar item that's already listed. It can give you a good idea how to describe your item too. I'd recommend reading all the small print that regular sellers put in their listings too, it can help you decide what terms to put in your listing (whether you'll accept returns and offer refunds if the items you're selling don't fit or generally aren't suited to the buyer etc etc)

It is very exciting though (if you're as sad as I am anyway!) and it can be quite a money spinner but as with everything it takes a bit of practise.

OMG!!! How sad am I?! I know too much!!

Hope this helps though!!!!

KQ

• Kareoke Queen
    Kareoke Queen

Also, just another little point...

If you are thinking of starting to sell stuff, ebay provides PAGES of info on how to get started.

It is really easy too, once you get the hang of it.

If I can do it ANYONE can!

KQ

• Larry
    Larry

Agreed - EBay is Great! I started last month and wondered - What took me so long to jump on the EBay wagon?

I buy mostly French cuff shirts and cuff links - brought a few old baseball/football/basketball cards as well. I even bought a legit violin for $4.99 - $23.00 shipping :-/ (I really wanted a viola for my son but read the description wrong.)

I hate it when I get out bid at the last minute/sec. Anyway, it's fun - Although I did purchase a shirt last month and still haven't received it.

And of course EBay has much J-Dub nostalgia to choose from.

Shop on - Larry :)

• glitter
    glitter

I love the rush a get from a successful manual snipe on eBay. That's definitely addictive.

• Es
    Es

oh wow dido, you'll have to tell me which one is you. I think i would love to work from home, having kids its ideal.

Heheh yeah i hear you larry i bid on something it doesnt change right up until the last min and the person has bid more than i want to pay hehe it really annoys me, but i guess thats half the thrill of it

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit