OMG im addicted to E-Bay

by Es 38 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Rachel,
    Most of the stuff I bought is fairly small. But eBay does have options that allow you to limit the geographic radius of potential buyers to make shipping or picking up much easier. I haven't done much with eBay lately, so there may be even more options available now.
    When I want to sell something very bulky or heavy, I generally go through a local auction house. They pick it up, and a few weeks later I get a check. Very convenient, although not as much fun as eBay.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm totally addicted to Ebay also, I've been able to buy hand dyed and recycled quality yarn on Ebay for a fraction of what it would cost at a store here (I can get 8 to 12 skeins on Ebay for what just one would cost). Of course now I have a closet full of yarn and I have this weird compelling need to buy more. It's a sickness I tell you.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I also love Ebay! I'm careful about what I buy because shippng from the states to Canada is a little pricey.

Mis~ I've been staying away from the yarn, I've got some many half finished projects on the go already.

Dams

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Mis~ I've been staying away from the yarn, I've got some many half finished projects on the go already.

So do I, I'm so bad I get to a certain point and then start something new but I still can't stop buying new yarn.

• lilybird
    lilybird

My daughter shops a lot on Ebay. She always gets good deals.A few things she bought and kept for a few years and then put them back on Ebay and sold them again and recovered most of her money.

• Es
    Es

heh im addicted to bidding on mans aftershave at the moment, i figure if i win it ive gotten a great bday pres or christmas pres at the fraction of a cost, I also just joined esnipe thanks to bebu and sass, so hopefully have little more luck.

I have been bidding on some J'adore eyeshadow for bout a week now and i always win up until last second so hopefully esnipe can help me out a little

happy ebaying

es

• RachelHall
    RachelHall

Thanks for your reply parakeet.....one more question...send PM also...

• bebu
    bebu

Es, I frequently use esnipe, but I wouldn't recommend using esnipe for ALL your transactions, since you pay them a small percentage each time you use their service. BUT for important auctions that you really want to win, I recommend it! Also, if you want the option to cancel a bid, you can do it on esnipe whereas it's pretty impossible on ebay.

bebu

• Es
    Es

Hey there bebu, yeah i get you. I guess while i have it for free for 14 day trial hehe i will use it alot, but i was just given a second chance on a product i have lost on a few times so im wrapt, so i just deleted the final bid i had on another one which was great.

Like you said its imposs to do that on ebay.

I was just wondering you know when you win something off someone and it says you get discount post if you buy another prod? Well i have a auction ending in 1 day and i got the second chance bid today, if im lukcy to get the other one, do i pay for both products at the same time or do i pay for the one i won today, sep

if that makes any sense

es

• bebu
    bebu

Es, wait until you bid and win the second item, then you can email the seller and tell them you want to pay for them with combined shipping. Sometimes they will send you an email with a link to pay the bill with reduced shipping for extra items. It's not too hard to work out with the seller. Most sellers like to be paid quickly, but if you are going to buy more things from them then they will be content to wait in order to combine shipping. Just communicate, and that usually makes it easy for you both.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit