17 Days: One Final Adventure

by Merry Magdalene 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

((((Merry)))) You are an incredibly strong woman.........and quite extraordinary. I would love to meet you someday, as I think we are two of a kind.........your description of yourself so fit me......my mom always said when I was born they broke the mold.......I was definitely an odd loner type child and still am.........my sister called me artsy-fartsy.......I call myself an old hippie dreamer.......and, since I am in much the same situation with MY mom, you've given me much food for thought. I am sooo happy that your mom and you had that brief interlude of time and that you were there to help her pass over........

Love,

Terri

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm so happy that you were able to have one last adventure with your mom. At least they didn't rob you of everything! Cherish your memories! Your mom loved you and her granddaughter!

shelley

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

******Well, I just wanted to let all of you know that I got her back for a whole 17 days, and we had one final adventure together before she died, and there wasn't a damned thing They could do about it.******

you should read this eulogy out loud for your mother....even if it's not in front of people....

much love and strength to you at this time. I can't tell you how happy and proud I am of your mom for doing the right thing in the end....

• damselfly
    damselfly

A beautiful tribute to what sounds like a beautiful lady.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom and I have smiling at the thought of a 5 year old's "laugh therapy".

((((hugs)))) to you and your daughter.

Dams

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mary - Thanx for sharing that.

I am so happy for you both. Your mother was allowed to love without condition for those few days with you. You were able to have better closure than most former witnesses would have had in that situation.

Kudos to the elder who made your mom feel at ease with the matter, and to the Jw relatives that were supportive.

It is nice to hear of the good that happens. The people are not bad for the most part, it is the religion that is bad. I am glad that the matter worked out so well.

Jeff

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry for your loss. Beautiful story.

• z
    z

A beautiful tribute

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I'm crying with you today. (((Merry and daughter)))

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Thank you for smiling and crying with me. You all make me feel extra extra blessed. We need to have a great big 8-day apostafest, like the old NY conventions my mother attended as a girl and young woman. There are so many here I want to meet SO much!!!

~Merry

• bem
    bem

Good Morning (((((((((((((Merry and Daughter)))))))))))) I wish for you to be having warm fond memories of your time spent and love shared with your mom/grandma.

Dorothy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit