by chachasmum 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Ahhh, THATS who won!

cab

• mavie
  • Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I'm finally home after getting checked out at the hospital. I buggered my knee during the celebrations in our citie's Little Italy. It isn't broken but rather tender and somewhat swollen. At least I had some fun before I wiped out on the bike.

Je doit dire la verite. Je suis surpris que l'equipe italienne ont gagner. Mais, je suis ... content.

I too am wondering what triggered Zidane. If he was part of the shootout who knows how it would have went.

Pero, entrambi squadri erano forti. Bravo a tutti! Especialmente agli Azzurri. Finalmente doppo 24 anni. Daverro un campionato da ricordare. Il mio ginocchio me lo fa ricordare per un po' di settimani almeno.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

...but in defense of Zidane :

Materazzi is a real asshole. In italian football, they call him "the animal". He is one of the dirtiest players in the world, and whatever he did to Zidane, it was probably really mean. There are rumors now that what he said to Zidane was both racist and an insult to his mother. Zidane is a 2nd-generation algerian moslem...so he probably loves his mama. Here`s a little montage of some of Materazzis tricks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HblsV-urHg

I think Zidane should be forgiven. He is ten times the football player Materazzi ever were.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Beautiful game...

• roybatty
    roybatty

Didn't see but I was wondering if the players from England are still crying.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Materazzi is a real asshole. In italian football, they call him "the animal". He is one of the dirtiest players in the world, and whatever he did to Zidane, it was probably really mean. There are rumors now that what he said to Zidane was both racist and an insult to his mother. Zidane is a 2nd-generation algerian moslem...so he probably loves his mama.

Honestly, I don't really care, and here is why. Zidane is a professional, and you behave in a professional manner at ALL times. The point of trash-talk is simple to get the player you are talking to out of their game, and into yours. Materazzi succeeded in getting Zidane out of his game.

Zidane, single-handedly cost the French the World Cup, and you know what? I am very glad he did, because I dislike the French.

As an aside, I was watching SkySports, and I loved how a French fan called the Italian's win a "little win" and the French's loss a "big loss." Whatever that meant.

Personally, I am glad that Italy won. It gave me an excuse to pull out the only football jersey I own. An Italian replica jersey from the 1994 World Cup final between Italy & Brazil. Man, that was a fun weekend in Pasadena.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I was living in Italy when they won the world cup in 1982 and it was fun to see the whole country so alive and excited. Good for Italy.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Zidane, single-handedly cost the French the World Cup

No, he didn`t. There was like three minutes left of the extra-time when he headbutted Mazzerati. The game was going to penalty kicks anyway, and Zidane is a good penalty-kicker, but so were the rest of the french team. All the penalty kicks, by both teams, were good, including Trezeguets miss, which hit the pole, and bounced out. Zidane didn`t lose the game for France, bad luck lost the game for France. Italy was a bit better than France in the first half, but France was best in the second half. It could have gone either way. And yes, it was very unprofessional of Zidane to do what he did, but if a player tells you that you`re arab scum (although he was born in France) and your mother is a whore, then anyone can loose control of oneself for a millisecond. The fact that you know that the other player is doing just to get you kicked out, makes it even more irritating. Mazzerati is an idiot, and I hope someone some day busts his leg with a dirty tackle, just like he has done to other players countless times. I was hoping for Italy to win too, but I sure didn`t like the way some of them played. They played dirty..

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Hellrider,

I have been doing some research on this, and the rumor I have seen is that Matterazzi may have called Zidane's father a "harki" which is an Arabic term for Algerians that fought for France during the French occupation of Algeria. According to a site I saw, which referenced Le Pen, Zidane stomped on a Saudi player 9 years ago when that player used the same epithet.

I am not appalled that the Italians used some underhanded techniques, afeter all they played one of the more dirtier games against the U.S. and got rewarded for it.

Yes, perhaps I was hasty in claiming that Zidane single-handedly cost the French the Cup, but I believe that his ejection placed additional pressure on the players taking the penalties. If he kept his head we may still be watching the final, since it was obvious that neither keeper was capable of stopping a penalty.

I was doing the happy dance just because the French lost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit