Italy beats France

by chachasmum 22 Replies latest jw friends

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

Just finished watching the world cup. Was a darned good game. Anyone else see it???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no but I wanted Italy to win - so I am glad

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

yes was exciting.

I hoped for france, but als Italy won. (not totally undeserved)

Maybe they just payed more. oh of course not, no italian would ever do that :)

What do you think zidane was thinking here? (give a caption)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yes i watched it ...good game...probably the right result for 2 teams that werent meant to be there..

i can only presume that massaratti must have said someone pretty offensive for zidane to react like that...wonder if we will ever know

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Yes, good game. The teams were very, very even, it could have gone either way, but I was hoping for Italy, so juhuu. Really stupid for a grown, experienced (and faaantastic!!!) player like Zidane to do what he did. Not that it mattered, there were just a couple of minutes left of the extra rounds anyway.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Can't believe Buffon did not block any penalty kicks??

Long live Dino Zoff !!!

• delilah
    delilah

My satellite was down.....RATS!!! but we were hoping for Italy to win...Woo-Hoo...

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Zidane could have KILLED that man he head butt in the chest!! He can thank himself for letting down his TEAM his COUNTRY and his career. Helluva way to end it you moron. One of the best pkickers out there and hes on the bench because hes a schmuck.

Only soccer game I ever watched in my life...probably my last. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

France were the better footballing side and Zidane probably should have won it with his header near the end but I can't begrudge Italy the win after being the nearly men for so long.

I couldn't believe what Zidane did though! What a way to end your career. I'm guessing we'll never get the story off Zidane cos he's not one for talking to the press at the best of times so he'll probably disappear into the sunset.

I agree with the BBC commentators at the finish, that there hasn't been a great team in the competition and the standard has been disappointing. I can understand some of you Americans watching it being bored. One thing I will say is that most of the players on show in the world cup play infinitely better for their club sides than they did in the competition.

• rassillon
    rassillon

I did , I loved it.

I hate france and was glad they lost.

I like Zidane, and couldn't believe what he did especially since what was stated earlier is true he is a great Pentalty Kicker.

This was a lesser of two evils for me but it was a good game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit