Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-9-06 WT Study (TELL FINALE)

by blondie 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• xjwms
    xjwms

Blondie

One more time.......you are the best at keeping us up to date, ... with the tricks of the wt.

Glad to hear your plantlife is doing well

I hope you are not sad. With as busy as I have been as of late...it was nice for me to have a lighter week...this last week.

Come monday it starts again for me.. I have a small rehab...three extra guys helping me as I have a dead-line.

However, I know what you mean about sad feelings...as busy as I've been I had moments of second gussing my decisions...& so on.

Take good care of yourself.

• under_believer
    under_believer

u_b (hearts) blondie.
    Thanks for this.

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Hi Blondie, thanks for the review. This study is intolerable! God knows all, simple as that. If God chose not to see something, wouldn't he know exactly what he's trying not to see?

That WT is lower than dirt!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Thanks for that blondie, reading it makes me sooo glad I won't be sitting through it tomorrow.
  • Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Hi Blondie!

17) Jehovah apparently chose not to foresee what Adam--and Eve--would do, even though He has the ability to know everything in advance. It is therefore a question, not of whether Jehovah can foresee the future, but of whether he chooses to do so. Furthermore, we can reason that Jehovah, being a God of love, would not knowingly and cruelly predetermine that rebellion--with all its sad consequences--should take place. (Matthew 7:11; 1 John 4:8) Thus, as far as Jehovah's exercise of foreknowledge is concerned, it is selective.

Isn't there a difference between forseeing something and predetermining something?

Dictionary.com: Main Entry: fore·seeFunction: transitive verb
    Inflected Forms: fore·saw; fore·seen; fore·see·ing
    :
    to be aware of the reasonable possibility of (as an occurrence or development) beforehand

Dictionary.com: pre·de·ter·mine Pronunciation Key (pr
    v. pre·de·ter·mined, pre·de·ter·min·ing, pre·de·ter·mines
    v. tr.

1. To determine, decide, or establish in advance: “These factors predetermine to a large extent the outcome” (Jessica Mitford).
    2. To influence or sway toward an action or opinion; predispose.

v. intr.

To determine or decide something in advance.

God can foresee something without having to predetermine what will happen. But this is what the society does, takes words of different meaning and apply them to the same thought so people don't see the difference.

• heathen
    heathen

I guess Able found out what obedience to jehovah was worth , when he got beat up side the head . Kinda reminds me of what the R&F keep getting . So what is it now , are they back to claiming they are a prophet this week ? Of course if you bring up all the false predictions they will claim never to have been a prophet .They keep claiming that jehovah is infallible and they speak for him but somehow their fallibility keeps taking the lead . Didn't God let a margin of error go out to his enemies in the new testament ? Where as the true prophet would be known by the fullfillment . 2 thessalonians 2: 8-12

• Terry
    Terry
    Jehovah apparently chose not to foresee what Adam--and Eve--would do, even though He has the ability to know everything in advance. It is therefore a question, not of whether Jehovah can foresee the future, but of whether he chooses to do so. Furthermore, we can reason that Jehovah, being a God of love, would not knowingly and cruelly predetermine that rebellion--with all its sad consequences--should take place. (Matthew 7:11; 1 John 4:8) Thus, as far as Jehovah's exercise of foreknowledge is concerned, it is selective.

Okay, this ISN'T rocket science.

Do you know what "due dilligence" is?

A parent must exercise reasonable oversight of their offspring to prevent forseeable harm from coming to them or the parent is culpable in any injury sustained due to parental negligence.

You can put your kid who doesn't know how to swim in the vicinity of the swimming pool and CLEARLY admonish them in no uncertain terms NOT to go in the pool. However, your responsibility as a parent does not entitle you to go off somewhere confident there will not be a drowning!

The Genesis account indicates Jehovah didn't have a clue what was going on!

Either that, or God is great at feigning ignorance.

Everything "bad" which happened seemed to occur outside the AWARENESS of Jehovah while it was happening. Where was God, anyway?

When Jehovah took his "evening" walk in the breezy part of the day he was gobsmacked at what had transpired in his absence.

Oh dear!

I'm sorry, but, I'm not buying any of this silly myth.

God is responsible as a parent to see that nothing bad happens by keeping his eye on the very inexperienced humans to warn them if the chatty snakey is filling their ears with nonsense!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I was really disappointed by that "God chose not to forsee" paragraph. Poor dad, he bought it so hard. "Well, when God asked Adam and Eve where they were in the Garden, he didn't know because he gave them privacy..."
    It was too easy. "Hey, I thought the eyes of Jehovah were everywhere! It's not like God had a radar and somehow Adam and Eve just didn't register!"
    "Well...maybe..."
    Poor thing.

• heathen
    heathen

I guess God just liked to play dumb too, whenever he asked adam how he knew he was naked . I agree with blondie that whole dogma is not supported in the bible anywhere and just another WTBTS fabrication. It's great to be able to pick their reasoning apart without fear of persecution from the church.

• SallySue
    SallySue
    So following the rebellion but before the conception of offspring by Adam and Eve

Seems to me I remeber a time when JW believed that one child was conceived before rebellion since God told them to be fruitful and they would go to work on that as soon as God said it. Blondie, do you remember this? Seems it was used to count how long ago it was that Adam and Eve was created. Am I crazy, or does anyone else remember that?

Thank's, Blondie, for all your hard work and so happy that your plant life is flourishing.

Sally Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit