Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-9-06 WT Study (TELL FINALE)

by blondie 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Hey blondie, I've got a good one for paragraph 10. And I quote:
    Speaking about the role that Jesus played in God's purpose, the apostle Peter wrote: "He [Jesus] was foreknown before the founding of the world, but he was made manifest at the end of the times for the sake of you." (1 Peter 1:20; footnote) Did Jehovah predetermine from the beginning that Adam and Eve would sin and that the ransom sacrifice provided by means of Jesus Christ would be needed? No. The word "founding" is translated from a Greek term that literally means "throwing down of seed"....So following the rebellion but before the conception of offspring by Adam and Eve, Jehovah foreordained the appearance of the "seed."
    --07/01/06 Watchtower pg. 23, paragraph 10
    Oh REALLY? From Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words:
    &ltA-2,Noun,2602,katabole>
    lit., "a casting down," is used (a) of "conceiving seed," Heb. 11:11; (b) of "a foundation," as that which is laid down, or in the sense of founding; metaphorically, of "the foundation of the world;" in this respect two phrases are used, (1) "from the foundation of the world," Matt. 25:34 (in the most authentic mss. in 13:35 there is no phrase representing "of the world"); Luke 11:50; Heb. 4:3; 9:26; Rev. 13:8; 17:8; (2) "before the foundation of the world," John 17:24; Eph. 1:4; 1 Pet. 1:20. The latter phrase looks back to the past eternity.
    (bold mine)
    Past eternity! That makes sense: Jesus was from the eternal past. I can really see now that they write these articles in such an intellectually dishonest way, and just really make up nonsense as they go along.
    Source page for Vine's info: http://www.mf.no/bibelprog/vines?word=%AFt0001127

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit