HELP!! ADVICE....Saying NO to pioneering

by Kristofer 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I would suggest that she plan on getting financially independent quite quickly...get a job, save money for rent and a deposit, check around for roommates, lining up transportation.

I have seen parents refuse to support their children after they reach 18 and/or graduate from high school unless they pioneer. Legally, parents can kick you out at that point and I have seen some do that.

Should they "blackmail" you that way? No. Is pioneering voluntary then? No. But they feel that you are not reaching out spiritually in the right direction and they shouldn't financially support your decision.

So if you don't pioneer, be prepared to financially support your decision.

The other suggestion, to point out elder's children, wives, and elders who are not pioneering is also good.

Blondie

• sspo
    sspo

Just tell them you are giving it a lot of consideration to it but you are not ready yet, very simple and it will make them happy that at least you are thinking about it and they will leave you alone for a while.

Just use the same line over and over again until they will be embarrassed to ask you again

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The morons used to give this suggestion, take a pioneer application and put it on the refrigerator, fill in all but the date and leave it there to remind you of your goal. You could ask for the application to do that and tell them that you will follow that advice and pray about it and keep it before you. One day you will make your decision.

Might get them off your ass. After repeatedly telling them "not yet" when they ask how's it coming they will eventually forget. They are busy little vice cops and have lots of parking outside of publisher's homes to do.

W.Once.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

If you are still looking for advise, this one worked for me. Let's say I have 2 light bulbs. One is a 15 watt and the other is 100 watts. They are both buring at a 15 watt rate. Now the 15 watt is giving all it has while the 100 watt is giving only 15%. Jehovah is happy when we give our all and my 100% happens to be more toward that 15 watt range than the 100 watt range.

I don't know if that might help, but it did work for me.

And the light keeps getting brighter. I had to add some light bulbs.

• jb
    jb

I found myself in this situation as a young teen. My Father was an Elder and ALL my friends..boys and girls..entered into pioneer work after graduation. I followed suit.

Well I HATED it. So I quit. Boy was that harder then just saying no to begin with. They wanted to know why so I told them I didn't enjoy it. At all. They were pissed. The C.O called me every day asking if I had changed my mind. I told him, nope.

Bottom line is, they are going to label your friend as weak and all kinds of other names. She can tell them anything she wants, lie or tell the truth. It really doesn't matter. They will not even notice in a month or two when the next big gossip item comes along. IMOA

jb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit