What if they're right?

by LovesDubs 38 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

In the earlier weeks of my research, I used to kid myself and say, "Well, I'm having doubts, but at least there's this much, there's a FDS class that receives divine guidance on scriptures." Reading snippets from CoC just basically destroyed that, and how decades of theology were shaped by a handful of people.
    And then I found out about finding nice brainwashed people anywhere...and then personally finding out about some fake people...
    I did have that thought in the back of my mind, but it's pretty much dead now.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Who pinched WHOSE kitty NEWBIE?? LOL! I brought this topic up because some poor soul (whose post I cant find now) said that she needed to be reaffirmed that the JWs were NOT right because someone was all pent up and calling her that the END was coming and it was NOW you know? Its like Pavlovs dog in some of us still...we hear those BUZZ words and all our ALARMS go off in our heads. I know you do it too...when there is a huge tragedy someplace on the planet you wonder if "this is it" sometimes. Like when we had all those hurricanes, a tsunami, a major earthquake and then more hurricanes and then more earthquakes and then VOLCANOES and then and then and then....

It must make for good service topic fodder eh?

• Gregor
    Gregor

WHAT IF THEY'RE RIGHT!!?

If an organization or entity truly had "THE TRUTH", that is, they really had some spiritual inside track on where mankind had been, why everything happened as it did, knew the meaning of all that is happening now and exactly where it was all going and knew how we could all not just survive the coming catastrophe but live forever afterwards, DON'T YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE THE BALLS TO ALLOW THEIR CRITICS, LET ALONE THEIR OWN FOLLOWERS, TO OPENLY ASK HARD QUESTIONS?

They should be conducting themselves like Superman! Bold and brave and unafraid! Have their own goddamned cable TV channel, Broadcast debates with their harshest critics! (1 Peter 3:15..."be ready to give an answer...").

But they practice the opposite. As if their beliefs are all printed on bathroom tissue that cannot withstand a drop of rain without starting to dissolve. Their paranoia leads them to instruct their followers to not even talk to a person who disagrees, don't read anything that is critical. No wonder the internet has them pulling their hair out! They keep a platoon of lawyers busy to make sure the truth they preach doesn't cost them any money! If it does, they'll change it! What if their right? It would be more intellectually stimulating to discuss "What if pigs could fly?"

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

"What if pigs could fly?"

Wait...what you saying exactly? That Jehovah ISNT the Editor in Chief of the Watchtower?? That Fred Franz DIDNT know Greek and Hebrew?? That Judge Rutherford WASNT a Judge? That they DIDNT put San Diego real estate in the name of a bunch of guys who have been dead for thousands of years?? That Russell DIDNT commit adultery? That the JWs WERENT in bed with Hitler??

New LIGHT! New LIGHT! New LIGHT! New.....um...BATTERIES....new...

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I think I must have been slightly insane when I got involved with the Watchtower. Once the insanity wore off there was no place the imaginary kingdom of the witnesses. There is absolutely no chance of them being right. The only way you can believe they are right is by avoiding the facts. If someone has looked at the facts and is still thinking "What if they are right?" It is only because of the damage the WT has done to their brain. I quit!

Deja vu

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

If in my examination and search for truth, I would find it with them, then there would not be anything I would want more than to be a JW.

That is no longer a possibility since they are false prophets and want to stand in for our Lord and Saviour.

• In Between
    In Between

As time goes by, any thoughts like that get farther and farther away. Actually the only part of any of their stuff that crosses my mind now is if there is an Armegeddon, I'm toast. I'm working on the "if it does come, I'm dead anyway, so I might as well make the best of my life now".

I've talked to a therapist a little about my life change. He brought up the point that I'm healthier NOW than I was 1 year ago. Hmmmmmmm ... fading away from J.W. and I'm getting healthier. Makes sense :)

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm trying to think of the last time I let myself fall for it, and can't. It just took so long and so many small contributions by different people and influences, I can't pin it down. Now I only hear it from other people and can only hope that one day they're able to work it out for themselves too.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Many years ago, I took our PO to task for engaging in what I considered to be illegal and un-ethical business practices. They tried to df me on 3 diferrent sets of trumped up charges. Halfway throught the third set, I said "what the hell am I doing"?, and walked out. Best day of my life.

I read CoC recently, and that just confirmed what I have known for 30+ years. They are full of s**t, and the end is NOT coming.

Now, for the past 30 years or so, I enjoy life.

Peace.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    If an organization or entity truly had "THE TRUTH", that is, they really had some spiritual inside track on where mankind had been, why everything happened as it did, knew the meaning of all that is happening now and exactly where it was all going and knew how we could all not just survive the coming catastrophe but live forever afterwards, DON'T YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE THE BALLS TO ALLOW THEIR CRITICS, LET ALONE THEIR OWN FOLLOWERS, TO OPENLY ASK HARD QUESTIONS?

Absolutely, the fact is, the evidence speaks for itself, everything points to unsubstantiated theory and lies to cover past inaccuracies and false prophesies. Hard questions would lead to hard facts...something they desperately wish to avoid.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit