ANYONE THAT BELIEVES JW'S HAVE THE RIGHT RELIGION ARE........

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

probably sincere but misguided and misled

• spiceant
    spiceant

I believe the OP violates guideline nr:1

1: avoid Insulting, threatening or provoking language

The thread opening invites insults and hatred, please show more respect for your fellow humans and do not support or create these unsympathetic posts. Posts like these lead us away from the prime directive of the Terran Collective as originally instituted by the Hive leader, Jehovah GOD:

1: Worship and love god as your only true holy god 2:Love your neighbour as yourself.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Now that I understand why I'm trying to leave, I'm also gaining a clear definition of why people join. They are offered friendship, a social net, attention, etc. The person was already searching for a change in his/her life, and the witnesses offered it and more.
    It makes so much sense as to why JWs have a higher rate of mental illness as compared to the general population--who else is going to love and accept this weird person? In any other social setting, their strange behaviour makes them outcasts. But here, they are given rules and friendship, and no desire to let any of it go.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It depends on where they are in the process. It took a while, once I determined that I was lied to, to finially accept the truth about the "truth."

That may sound contridictory. However, the transition took a long time.

• minimus
    minimus

Spiceant, I see you're trying to add a little bit of "spice" to the thread.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

just like J.R. Brown.

Dismembered

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

While my kneejerk reaction is complete agreement, on the other hand...

Y'know everyone has a completely different idea of what would make the right religion right.

Seems crazy to us, but there are a lot of people out there who have beliefs that in the face of all reason and rationale, cling tightly to those beliefs and will not be swayed.

Go figure.

BSoM

• blondie
    blondie

1) haven't examined many other religions

2) have family that are JWs

3) don't know what the WTS teaches

4) cherrypick secretly what to believe of the WTS teachings

5) wouldn't admit it if they know they are wrong...

Blondie (just getting started)

• minimus
    minimus

.....keep 'em coming

• blondie
    blondie

6) Have never read the Bible straight through without the aid of a WT publication

7) Have forgotten when the WTS taught that all religions are false.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit