Little things that mean alot

by beautifulisfree 17 Replies latest jw friends

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Okay I hate to sound mean but witnesses in my opinion are mean and rude (that once included me) Without even realizing it, maybe. Why? because the little things that non-witnesses do in everyday life for others and their family mean alot to ones they love or complete strangers.

What are some little things you can do know that show someone you care..that you weren't allowed to do before?

1. Saying "Bless you" after someone sneezes

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

sitting in a circle and passing to the left...

• restrangled
    restrangled

Returning a "Merry Christmas" reply, instead of saying, "I don't celebrate!" ...that was a real show stopper in my book, and about as rude as you can get.

r.

• arwen
    arwen

Lifting my glass in a toast to the bride and groom at a wedding.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I tried never to be mean. I always thanked someone for saying Merry or Happy anything. I wanted to be a real Christian. I wanted to do little things for people. I always held doors open or gave little old ladies a hand. I wanted to believe the end was near. I wanted everyone to live in happiness in a paradise. What a powerful, horrible letdown to find out that the W.T. was part of the UN and that abusers of children go on in their positions while the abused are thrown out. I could go on, but I just know that there were and are many like me that want to be kind to others. Seems that eventually the nice are viewed as weak who can't knuckle under to the powers that be.

• daystar
    daystar
    What are some little things you can do know that show someone you care..that you weren't allowed to do before?

Kiss them. I kiss my friends on the cheeks or foreheads all the time. (Always women. Guys don't very often take kindly to it). There are a couple of friends with whom I feel comfortable even kissing on the lips when we see each other. It's a form of endearment I rather enjoy. We're not talking about making out here. We're talking about simple kisses out of real love for other human beings. I imagine a Witness doing such a thing regularly would spawn a JC with a quickness.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    1. Saying "Bless you" after someone sneezes

When I was a witness I always felt so bad about not being able to say this when someone sneezed. I was always the odd man out and felty like everyone thought I was so rude.

Now I find it nice to be able to wish someone Happy birthday and Merry Christmas instead of avoiding them like the plague

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    When I was a witness I always felt so bad about not being able to say this when someone sneezed. I was always the odd man out and felty like everyone thought I was so rude.

I always felt odd about that one myself, so I started saying "goodness" instead.

• LDH
    LDH

a hug for no reason

• foundfreedom
    foundfreedom

Just being there for my friends that need some comfort. Being one of JW's I never had any worldly friends now that I am out and have some really good and dear friends that have shown true love for me and I for them in times of need, its one of the greatest feelings ever!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit