Little things that mean alot

by beautifulisfree 17 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

Just listening when someone needed to vent rather than offering empty platitudes.

• spiceant
    spiceant

i once gave away my pocket money to someone i perceived as a beggar, he was playing a small instrument and it sounded beautifull, i threw in the 10$ equivalent first and then the coins over it so the wind wouldnt blow it anywhere.

Love your neighbour as yourself

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Singing 'Happy Birthday' at a birthday party....who would of thought that lightning wouldn't strike you dead...

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I

always felt odd about that one myself, so I started saying "goodness" instead.

I would make a joke and say "excuse you!" At least that way I didnt ignore them.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Signing a birthday card here at work & not handing it back to the sender with the recorded message, "So sorry, I don't celebrate..."

DR

• Thinkagain
    Thinkagain

LOL LOL Yea like siging a birthday card and realy mean it

, you are happy they were born , and are here to enjoy this

day with them . A very happy time for all to enjoy. May God Bless

you all !!!! Let your light shine !!!! Live as you have never lived before.

YES IT IS BEAUTIFULL TO BE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Saying Happy Fathers Day to my husband who happens to be the best father in the world to our kids.

Donate to charities or otherwise religious organizations for a good cause. That bugged me. Still does. Especially if it was only a matter of some stinking pocket change.

BSoM

• Highlander
    Highlander

On behalf of my dad(who is inactive) I enjoy receiving phone calls from him and he always tells me at the end of conversation that he loves me.

Do any of my other family members(all of which are active J-dubs) ever call me to tell me that they love me? Hell no!

So my point is, as a j-dub I never did see true love being expressed among the dubs, but when you're out, you feel comfortable being able to tell someone you love them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit