About half the DF's go back? Really?

by AuldSoul 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

It may be true that 50 percent of j-dubs 'return to their vomit' but I think most do so with the intention of fading away while regaining the 'freedom' to see their family and friends again.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I dont have it on me, but from memory Franz said in Crisis of Conscience that only 30% go back. As you said, many that go back are barely JWs. A friend of mine has just been reinstated but only so that she can speak to her family. She has no intention of witnessing or going to more than a bare minimum of meetings.

• Highlander
    Highlander

She has no intention of witnessing or going to more than a bare minimum of meetings.

That's where I'm at! no witnessing, just anti-witnessing and maybe 1 meeting per year.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have noticed that once dfed ones are mopre likely to get dffed again.

S

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Its true - I spent several months diligently sitting at the back of the hall trying to get reinstated only to get disfellowshipped a couple of weeks later. I reaslised then that I actually preferred it if the brothers DIDNT speak to me rather than pretended to be nice and make a little artificial, insincere conversation before moving on. They were just dying to know what I got disfellowshipped for and I would have been happyu to tell them if they asked - I'd have said open the bit in the bible with the ten commandments - close your eyes and pick one!

I also went back a few years after disfellowshipping no 2 and was reinstated and dfed on the same night.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

See what I mean? Poor (((Crumpet))) counted TWICE as a returned DF, only to be out for good now.

Stick THAT in your calculations and smoke it, J.R. Brown!

• Highlander
    Highlander

I also went back a few years after disfellowshipping no 2 and was reinstated and dfed on the same night.

How in the hell?

• Confession
    Confession

In the same night? I too can't wait to hear about this, Crumpet...

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Crumpet:

I'd have said open the bit in the bible with the ten commandments - close your eyes and pick one!

I bet you were coveting your neighbour's ass

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Great topic, AS! I think there are many factors that affect whether one returns or not..........age, ability to make friends and a new life outside, whether one has family still in or not........in my case, it's been seven years. I know beyond any doubt that I will never return to the WTS because it is just an empty, controlling cult, even though I still have family in, and miss them.

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit