X - JW or Apostate?

by In Between 36 Replies latest jw friends

• jojochan
    jojochan

Technically I am one....deep inside I don't know...

I know that the religion does'nt cut it for me anymore I've seen too much and read too much that supports this. Plus when I took a good long look around me when I was at the end of my "rope" when it came to believing the dogma all I saw were sheep. Sheep with bored looks, glazed looks in their eyes. The contradictions, the prejudiced teachings when dealing with people that are different when it came to religious veiwpoints. Really got me wondering...

Was it this god wanted? Was it THIS Jesus wanted?

I personally feel that I'm not an apologist, but in their eyes I'm considered a fence sitter.

If only they knew I'd be more than happy to D.A myself. But to me that woud be empowering them, and I'm done giving them power since that organization had that power over me since I was born. Plus I have family that are deeply rooted in this dogma. They think that I'm depressed over what happended to me in my life.

What can I say...I have a sick, overdeveloped sense of honor when it comes to saving the face of my family. But I know that I have to live my life for me. And I know that time will come when I will be able to escape that nut religion. But It would take longer to give myself a cerebral enima to flush the gunk that's so deeply embedded in my mind.

So I guess for now I'm an "X" for unknown in my spiritual destination. It's like I know where I want to go, it's just when? I don't know.

jojochan.

• Martyn
    Martyn

hi

I don't want to fit into any of those.

I have so many other things going on in my life those labels don't work into my schedule.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Auld Soul, what did you mean, ex-ex JW?

Sounds like reactiviation?

Uninformed

I think anyone who leaves any religion or belief system or former loyalty is an apostate, whether or not they ever adopt another one or speak out against the former one. It is not really a scary word.

Every single JW that used to be a different religion or married to a different person or a subscriber to certain magazine is an apostate. Okay, maybe the magazine subscription is a stretch . I used to be a JW, so I am an apostate. JWs view the word with some sort of paranormal superstition that the word simply does not denote or connote. Every ex-JW is an apostate. Only the JW usage of the word would carry some connotation of vengeance against the formerly held loyalty.

I am definitely an ex-JW and I am working toward becoming an EX-ex-JW. But if I can help hit the reset button that will free my wife and family to choose again on my way toward that goal, so much the better.

Respectfully,

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Uninformed,

It seems to me that an ex-JW is still largely influenced by reactions to the religion they were a part of. In my mind, an ex-ex-JW no longer even has a flicker of JW thinking motivating any concept of him or herself in relation to the rest of the world or influencing his or her decisions. JW life becomes a footnote that has to be reflected on to be remembered, not a constant nagging irritant.

At that point, I will consider myself a pearl—a ball of hardened mucous that completely surrounds the irritant so that it cannot trouble my life in any way any longer.

I hope that explains it.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Borgia
    Borgia

As long as I would apply onto myself WT definition, I would stay in the double think modus. Therefore I quited with that 1,5 years ago. and for the rest: I could not care less whether or not I would be called apostate or not. It´s like calling Robinson Crusoe sailing off from his Island a restister to godly providence, a rebelious person who tried to escape his godly ordained fate. I´m sure he wouldn´t give a damn, as long as he was off that Island. As for X-jw. does it matter? Cano is an ex Bethelite. So? He has been DF-ed. Jolly good show WT. politically, you could not do anything other than to DF the bastard. He´s an X-jw. So? And that same thing counts for many other people with many other reason for having left. The WT world is a very little world. With people entertaining narrow minded views. Why should I allow them to deny me a broader view. Cheers Borgia

• Calliope
    Calliope

a·pos·tate (?-pos'tat', -tit) n.

One who has abandoned one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause.

• Calliope
    Calliope

oh, but if someone asks, i reply with the x-jw thing,
    as i don't think most understand the meaning of "apostate"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit