Oh, Schizm! (Daniel 11:35)

by AuldSoul 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

"If you were acquainted with the Bible you'd know that Jesus used terms that YOU would find fault with."
    Any evidence? or is this another score for rhetoric?

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

«schizm frantically thumbs Bible WatchTower literature»

• Schizm
    Schizm
    If you were acquainted with the Bible you'd know that Jesus used terms that YOU would find fault with."

Any evidence?

Yes there is, but in your case there'll be a fee. You can save yourself some cash by simply becoming acquainted with the Bible yourself ... sorta like "self-service" at a filling station. People that are too lazy to do it for themselves generally have to pay for having someone else serve them. Are you under the assumption that I've taken you in to raise?

BTW, what's life like being the atheist that you are? Tomorrow you are to die, are you prepared for it? Or is it just YOU that gets to ask the questions?

• Schizm
    Schizm

(X) <------ skeptic2's butt.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Oh double-shit, I accidently posted twice. .

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

How mature - how old are you?

To be trading insults, I would need to have insulted you. Can you point out any instances where I have insulted you? Or is is this more rhetoric? Hint: taking issue with something you have said and calling on you to back it up does not count as insulting you.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    How mature - how old are you?

Simply comes with the territory, sonnyboy, the territory.

To be trading insults, I would need to have insulted you. Can you point out any instances where I have insulted you?

Sure I can. I'm not a liar, you know. The record is here in what you've said in this thread. Go look for yourself, 'cause I charge a fee for performing work for those who are too lazy to do things for themselves. BTW, what's life like being the atheist that you are? Tomorrow you are to die, are you prepared for it? Oh that's right, it's only YOU that gets to ask the questions? Well, I'll let your imagination tell you what I think about that. .

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Schizm: The Mormon's don't base their beliefs solely on the Bible. They place their faith in a stupid book called the "Book of Mormon".

And Jehovah's Witnesses place their faith in a stupid magazine called the Watchtower, and every other drip and drab of dribbled ink and spittle drooled from the pens and/or mouths of the Governing Body.

All told, the volume of spirit-directed literature produced by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society dwarfs the body of supplemental literature produced by any other Bible believing religion in the world. Whatever could your point possibly be? There is no religion on earth that claims to believe the Bible which has felt more compelled to offer more extensive, conflicting, and reversing explanations of the Bible than Jehovah's Witnesses.

*** w01 8/1 p. 14 par. 8 Make Your Advancement Manifest ***
    8 First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.” By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided “at the proper time”—through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions—we can be sure that we maintain “oneness” with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge.—Matthew 24:45.

Note that the Bible is completely absent from the list of sources of spiritual food. Also, your recent explanation that you are not a Jehovah's Witness because you do not believe Jesus began to rule in 1914 indicates that you are also not a mature Christian, you horrible harborer of private ideas, you.

I asked near the outset of this thread for you to explain why you believe Christendom is a religion. You have not done so. A conversation (discussion) is not a preaching exercise and this is not your personal pulpit. If you are going to be heavy handed with expletives and insults and continue to refuse to address reasonable expression of seeming logical flaws in your argument, I am done with this discussion.

Have a wonderful life. I will check back to see whether you have yet demonstrated a capacity for adult conversation. If I don't see evidence of it, I will simply leave you to your baseless fantasies.

AuldSoul

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Just a question for Schizm:
    Obviously the verse has to apply to some religion that claims to be "Christian". So which "Christian" religion would it be? First off, it couldn't refer to what is commonly referred to as "Christendom", a religion that's split up into a multitude of denominations. Denominations do not equal UNITY. Surely the group that Daniel 11:35 applies to would be UNIFIED, rather than split apart into various denominations as Christendom's churches are.
    Wouldn`t a whole bunch of sects, who base their beliefs on the Bible, be able to say the exact same thing? For example, the mormons would object to being counted as a part of the rest of "christendom". So would many other sects. In fact, they would all claim this exclusivity (that you attribute to the WTS) to themselves, and count you (and the jws) as part of "christendom". The mormons are unified, just as the jws. So are many of the other sects. Please answer this, and AuldSouls questions.

The Mormon's don't base their beliefs solely on the Bible. They place their faith in a stupid book called the "Book of Mormon". That pretty much rules them out as being able to claim relevance to the Daniel 11:35 text.

You`re avoiding answering the argument. Ok, forget about the mormons. What about all the other sects? There are hundreds, you know, and they all have in common that they base their beliefs solely on the Bible:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_deno.htm

...by the way, for a jw to be accusing the mormons of having an extra book as basis for their faith, is a bit like throwing stones in a glass-house. After all, the WTS pretty much rewrote the Bible according to the doctrines they allready had come up with, and called it the nwt. There never was a tetragrammation in the "greek scriptures", and there certainly never was a "Jehovah".

• Schizm
    Schizm
    If you are going to be heavy handed with expletives and insults ... I am done with this discussion.

Now just wait one hell of a second here, big britches. You promised me at the outset that you'd tattle on me if I did such things. Now you've already gone against your word, and you're simply gonna quit the thread, without fulfilling your promise? Well in THAT case, here's a little message for you before you leave ........... and be sure not to let the door smack you in the ass on your way out of here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit