Oh, Schizm! (Daniel 11:35)

by AuldSoul 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

Well, that was a fun read.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Schizm, you may need to think your original statements through again.....

Obviously the verse has to apply to some religion that claims to be "Christian". So which "Christian" religion would it be? First off, it couldn't refer to what is commonly referred to as "Christendom", a religion that's split up into a multitude of denominations.

As a jw you may be able to build on this, but other people just don't really get it - indeed they can't - independent thinking commonly includes critical appraisals of statements before moving on and building on it in ones own mind, quite unlike jwism.

• RachelHall
    RachelHall
    And some of those having insight will be made to stumble, in order to do a refining work because of them and to do a cleansing and to do a whitening, until the time of [the] end; because it is yet for the time appointed. -- Daniel 11:35

Who might these insightful persons be? Do they have ANY relation AT ALL----to WTS?

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

I wanted to mention this so as to keep it in mind when we work together in the sharing of knowledge and the building up of one another:

1Co 13:2

And if I have prophecies, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

1Co 8:1

But concerning the sacrifices to idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.

1Co 8:2

But if anyone thinks to know anything, he still has known nothing as he ought to know.

1Co 8:3

But if anyone loves God, he has been known by Him. And in conclusion we can help our brothers and sisters to become strong in the faith of Jesus and of His Father.

Eph 4:11

And indeed He gave some to be apostles; and some prophets; and some evangelists; and some pastors and teachers;

Eph 4:12

with a view to the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ,

Eph 4:13

until we all may come to the unity of the faith and of the full knowledge of the Son of God, to a full-grown man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,

Eph 4:14

so that we may no longer be infants, being blown and carried about by every wind of doctrine, in the sleight of men, in craftiness to the deceit of error,

Eph 4:15

but speaking the truth in love, we may grow up into Him in all things, who is the Head, the Christ,

Eph 4:16

from whom all the body, having been fitted and compacted together through every assisting bond, according to the effectual working of one measure in each part, produces the growth of the body to the building up of itself in love.

Eph 4:17

Therefore, I say this, and testify in the Lord, that you no longer walk even as also the rest of the nations walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Eph 4:18

having been darkened in the intellect, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance which is in them because of the hardness of their heart, For what do you have schizm, if you possess all the knowledge and yet do not share it with love?

..truth.ceeker..

• kid-A
    kid-A

Hasta la vista Brother Schizm! See you in jehoobies paradise!!!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Obviously the verse has to apply to some religion that claims to be "Christian".

That's the catch, it does not 'obviously have to apply' to anyone other than to whom the author meant it to apply to. The context makes clear the author was referring to the Jewish oppression under Antiochus.

see:

Daniel Made Simple!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

PP, I read that "Daniel made simple", it was very good, and now I get it. Am I mistaken to say that the author of Revelation must have drawn a lot of inspiration from Daniel (the beasts and horns and all that)?...(that might be a silly question, but it`s been a long time since the days at the kh, and I was very young... ). Anyway, I can see why jws fall so easily for the "end-time-thing" that is so similar in Daniel and Revelation. On the surface, it seems to be about the same thing ( a future end-time). No wonder, really, that so many people get involved with these end-times-sects (whether they be jws or evangelical-like groups). So Schizm, you are forgiven for your confusion...

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Revelation draws from many sources, reinterpreting them and recycling the imagery. When the actual predictions of Daniel did not happen, rather than discard the book most readers, including the author/s of Revelation, found ways to reinterpret it as "applying" to extant political entities. The author of Daniel himself had done something very similar about predictions in Jeremiah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit