Oh, Schizm! (Daniel 11:35)

by AuldSoul 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Ok, forget about the mormons. What about all the other sects? -- Hellrider.

Forget about them, my ass! It was something you felt sure would overturn my argument, but when it failed to do so then you'd prefer to "forget" about your contention and go deeper without FIRST acknowledging that you were wrong. No thanks! Until you decide to conduct yourself in an honest fashion I don't plan on going the next step with you.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    *** w01 8/1 p. 14 par. 8 Make Your Advancement Manifest ***8 First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding.

As a rule that's wise advise, and is true for the majority of JWs inside the WTS, which is why the JW organization remains united. However, there is a scriptural exception to that rule, and it's spelled out for us at Daniel 11:35. That verse clearly indicates that during a period just prior to the real beginning of the time of the end that several insightful persons would arise and make waves with regards to certain issues they positively knew were in need of refinement.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Ok, forget about the mormons. What about all the other sects? -- Hellrider.

Forget about them, my ass! It was something you felt sure would overturn my argument, but when it failed to do so then you'd prefer to "forget" about your contention and go deeper without FIRST acknowledging that you were wrong. No thanks! Until you decide to conduct yourself in an honest fashion I don't plan on going the next step with you.

He he. Ok, I forgot about the book of mormons. Satisfied? So, now you can answer the question in my previous post, or AuldSouls argument (either one will do).

I didn`t think so.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    He he. Ok, I forgot about the book of mormons. Satisfied?

No, I'm not. You only admit you've been wrong when forced to do so. That's not being honest. Like I've already said up above, "Until you decide to conduct yourself in an honest fashion I don't plan on going the next step with you." What kind of a sucker do you take me for? I repeat: "No thanks!"

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Ok, I`ll be a bit more specific. I make the claim that:

And some of those having insight will be made to stumble, in order to do a refining work because of them and to do a cleansing and to do a whitening, until the time of [the] end; because it is yet for the time appointed. -- Daniel 11:35

...can easily be applied to, for example, the catholic church. They are very strongly unified, and not split up into countless little sects.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(yawn) Same schtick...nothing new...nothing interesting...nothing answered.

• Scully
    Scully

Schizm may not be back for some time.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Coool

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thank you, Scully. I wish he would just learn to discuss these subjects instead of becoming as ranting and derogatory as Rutherford ever was.

• poppers
    poppers

"I read in one of your previous posts where you say that you've never been a JW, which tells me that you haven't the foggiest idea what the Bible is truly all about."

You actually believe that ONLY someone who is a JW can know what the bible is truly about? Why do you make this assertion? Sounds pretty arrogant to me. What do you base this on, the JW's party line, or is it because of some other comprehensive research done by you which examined everyone else's knowledge of the bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit