FROM the source about downsizing

by Pistoff 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

As far as health issues, older workers are more expensive. The prospective COs and DOs and their wives now go through extensive health checks to make sure they are no expensive underlying health issues that the WTS might have to deal with. The baby boomer effect is present at Bethel as well as the rest of the world. It makes financial sense to filter out the old and sick and replace them with younger, healthier workers.

Blondie

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The baby boomer effect is present at Bethel as well as the rest of the world. It makes financial sense to filter out the old and sick and replace them with younger, healthier workers.

Blondie

Yeah bend over...We just have to check your...Oh Ohh....We have decided to send you to where the "need is great" and we don't have to pay for it.

• Scully
    Scully
    It makes financial sense to filter out the old and sick and replace them with younger, healthier workers.

That part is true enough. However, from a moral and ethical standpoint, it looks very very bad to use someone's best years up as a volunteer for the WTS's interests and toss them away like an old newspaper, and expect them to fend for themselves, without any kind of financial safety net. It reminds me of old geezers who divorce their same-age wives and replace them with younger, prettier women.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The bethellites I know that were asked to special pioneer got a basement apartment in a Kingdom hall

• blondie
    blondie
    It makes financial sense to filter out the old and sick and replace them with younger, healthier workers.

Sorry, Scully, I guess I didn't explain myself clearly. I wasn't supporting merely reporting. I don't think it is ethically correct for the WTS or any other business to do this...

Many businesses have been doing this in recent years and given the WTS ethical history, I'm not surprised they are doing it too.

Blondie

• Gill
    Gill

I wonder if the GB have not read the new LIVE WITH JEHOVAH'S DAY IN MIND book?

Page 72 subheading ' Justice in business and in money matters'

Paragraph 10 :

'If you own a business with employees - or even if you just hire someone to do a job - how do your wages, requests, and monetary dealing measure up in the light of Malachi 3:5? It is good to think about this because the issue of not treating hired workers justly is considered in the Christian Greek Scriptures too. Concerning those dealing unjustly in such matter, the disciple James asked: 'Is he (Jehovah) not opposing you?' James 5:1. We are correct to conclude:Those who are unjust as to the 'wages of a wage worker' have not really come to know Jehovah, for they are not imitating his justice.'

I wonder what those who have been given the boot from Brooklyn will think?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Don't you know satan is behind all this?

He is concentrating his attacks on God's very own house.

They are just responding to his attacks to be able to survive.

Jehovah will repay just wait.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

The WTS teaches that the organization is Jehovah's wife. So trading the older ones for younger ones is exactly like divorcing your old wife for a younger one, something that Jehovah forbids in the Hebrew Scriptures.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Gill, That is an excellant find! Once again they don't practice what they preach. Nothing personal, it's just business. Where did we hear that before?

Blueblades

• Gill
    Gill

Blueblades - This new release LIVE WITH JEHOVA'S DAY IN MIND is so full of BS I 'stepped' into it as soon as I started reading it.

As for that above quote, it just amazed me, that after what they are doing to so many of their 'slaves' they would have the sheer brass balls to print advice, even scriptural advice to others who own businesses.

They are so full of BS...well, it defies belief!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit