FROM the source about downsizing

by Pistoff 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

To the Watchtower cult, if you don't have a strong body or a fat wallet, you ain't worth shit.

W

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Me I was just shocked that the comments about "spin" came from those I would regard as being very strong in the "truth". I think it is shameless, uncaring and ultimately counterproductive for the society to boot the older ones; the ones there now will get the message, and those considering it will think twice. Sure sounds like corporate behavior, eh?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

won't they be receiving a stipend from the Watchtower to help them out as well as a sign of appreciation for all the years of hard word they have contributed?

They will get Special Pioneer status for a while which means they will get a small stipend

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

The congo and the bethelite family members are expected to help out. I was w/ friends recently who are from Melbourne. When I told them about the whole bethel replacement story, they were amazed but they were not surprised. I felt them out to see if they would be as disgusted as my mother was. It was pretty interesting that they responded the same way as my mother ... that if people are asked to leave and ultimately leave the "truth" that they were not really trusting in Jah in the first place, it is a way of testing people out. What shocked me was my mother's response, she was disgusted when the kid from bethel told the tour group what was going on, she later made excuses to me. In the end, it just proves that people will believe what they want regardless of the facts all around them.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    It makes financial sense to filter out the old and sick and replace them with younger, healthier workers.

It made financial sense to some in Jesus day to sell sacrificial animals at the temple as well. He kicked them out on their arses...maybe he needs to do a re-inspection of the WT besides the one he suposedly did in 1919. Christian love at work?!?!?!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

SO many witness families promote the Bethel lifestyle today and have over the years: why struggle against the worldly system when you can be at the spiritual paradise? Make this your CAREER. Remember that idea? Make full time service your CAREER, including ending up at Bethel.
    Well, guess what?
    You have spent an entire life in pioneer work and Bethel, with NO SOCIAL SECURITY benefits coming your way, and you are now sent to "help" the congregation of THEIR choice.
    How will any now be encourage to go to Bethel?

I am surprised I didn't see the cops at Wallkill picking up Cano, happened the same time I was there!!!

• Emma
    Emma
    They will get Special Pioneer status for a while which means they will get a small stipend

I think this is true.. My sister and her husband were one of the couples that lives at an assembly hall and "care-takes" it and dealt with the trucks from ny, etc. When he died she had to vacate the apartment; you know that even though she was the one running things, she was a sister and they couldn't allow her to stay. (said with sarcasm). She's been "blessed" with the "priviledge" of special pioneering and gets a small stipend as well as health care coverage. I wonder if they're doing this for all the ones being asked to leave and if so, how long it will continue; it's got to be expensive.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

A Bethel speaker at the convention this past weekend said that 1500 had been sent home because the new prinitng technology didn't require as many people working.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

A Bethel speaker at the convention this past weekend said that 1500 had been sent home because the new prinitng technology didn't require as many people working. Good one! Wonder who wrote it ....

• LDH
    LDH

What's most interesting is that the WT didn't just send these people HOME to their HOME congregations.

Oh no, the murmuring would have started immediately. They send them to STRANGE congregations where they know no one. This accomplishes two things.

1. The JW will not be so quick to complain about treatment at the hands of the GB when the congregation has been told these ex-bethelites are spiritually strong and there to help them.
    2. Also, the congregation will mind their P's and Q's by not overtly asking for the scoop on what's happening at Bethel. Wouldn't want to be thought of as an apostate, now would we?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit