FROM the source about downsizing

by Pistoff 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

During the service meeting this week, there is an article that is discussed about setting goals and reaching them such as (baptism, aux. pioneer, reg. pioneer and bethel service) so for the young bethel service is still held out as a goal and encouraged. By the comments from those at he meeting, it sounds to me like they are either unaware of those who have had to leave or just don't care. They seem very excited to have the opportunity to send their kids to New York to work. I don't think they fully realize how devasting this action will be for some of these older couples. I know whenever a public company does this kind of thing they get really bad press.

As far as I know, only those who are sent as special pioneers will recieve any monies from the Society, once these folks get out into the real world, what do you all think will be the percentage of them that will stay in the Special pioneer service? I am thinking the drop off will be a large percent, if this is the case, than the Society has won the battle, because than they will no longer have any obligation to these folks what so ever. Sure, perhaps a couple or two could threaten a suit, but that would mean becoming an apostate and being shunned by everyone they have ever know or loved....Wow, what a great future that is!

OC

• minimus
    minimus

Don't think that these old Bethelites won't express their true feelings for getting the shaft. Expect commotion from these indies who know the real reasons they've been sent to pasture.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

ocsrf
    I agree - the Society still encourages young ones to make Bethel Service a career!

• LDH
    LDH
    I agree - the Society still encourages young ones to make Bethel Service a career!

There is a JW single mother out here that I know well, she told me that her 11 year old daughter's goal is to go to Bethel. I said, "You know they don't accept women?" She was in denial.

• Quandry
    Quandry

So do I get this straight? They lived at Bethel where they had a room, cleaned regularly, went to the dining hall for regular meals, and possibly went to the K.Hall right in the building since they were older. Now, will they get some sort of living accomodations? They may not even know how to cook, let alone have furniture and cooking utensils.Plus, they are old, but expected to be special pioneers? Is this true?

• metatron
    metatron

Wouldn't it be cheaper to layoff J.R. Brown and replace him with a new, young Bethelite who could be trained in lying?

metatron

• uninformed
    uninformed

I wonder if the GB have not read the new LIVE WITH JEHOVAH'S DAY IN MIND book?

Page 72 subheading ' Justice in business and in money matters'

Paragraph 10 :

'If you own a business with employees - or even if you just hire someone to do a job - how do your wages, requests, and monetary dealing measure up in the light of Malachi 3:5? It is good to think about this because the issue of not treating hired workers justly is considered in the Christian Greek Scriptures too. Concerning those dealing unjustly in such matter, the disciple James asked: 'Is he (Jehovah) not opposing you?' James 5:1. We are correct to conclude:Those who are unjust as to the 'wages of a wage worker' have not really come to know Jehovah, for they are not imitating his justice.'

I wonder what those who have been given the boot from Brooklyn will think?

Gill--------

Sometimes when I come to this DB I read things like you wrote above and just friggin' marvel at how tuned in and smart some of you guys are.

You really laid it on the table.

Brant

• ocsrf
    ocsrf
    So do I get this straight? They lived at Bethel where they had a room, cleaned regularly, went to the dining hall for regular meals, and possibly went to the K.Hall right in the building since they were older. Now, will they get some sort of living accomodations? They may not even know how to cook, let alone have furniture and cooking utensils.Plus, they are old, but expected to be special pioneers? Is this true?

Basically, this is what is happening. I will say most of the ones I have known from bethel are quite capable of day to day activities like cooking and the like. The real issue, is being asked to leave a home you sacrificed for. These couples did not to have children, because in order to stay in Bethel that would not be permitted. So not only do they not have the normal everyday material things most of us take for granted, but in many cases their mothers and fathers are older or have died, they don't have children to ask for help from, so they are completely dependant on the mercy of the local congregation, this would scare me. Kind of sucks for all the local congregations as well, they get stuck having to look after these folks while mother (society) moves on with the hiring of more young ones. OC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit