Time is their enemy

by LDH 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Tick, tick, tick.

The Governing Body is dying one by one, faster now.

Young people who thought they would never see themselves getting old now take meds for cholesterol, Alzheimers, diabetes, blood pressure.

The end isn't here.

Tick, tick, tick.

Kids who walked away from the WT after being warned that they would die like a dog in the streets instead are very successful young people with real jobs, families, and assets.

Empty threats stop having an effect. Apathy sets in. Automatons attend the meetings.

Tick, tick, tick.

The WT tries to change doctrine without admitting it. Blood, transplants, voting....

The Generation that was not supposed to pass away is dropping like flies.

Lisa

Tiiiiiiime is on my side Class

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

my thoughts, exactly, Lisa. see my thread on an old friend called.........we just sit back and let the WTS F**CK themselves. <--------Cheshire Cat Grin

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Good post Lisa.

It makes me wonder how much longer they can get away with saying armageddon is right around the corner, and actually have the majority of dubs believe it. There are always going to be some who blindly follow anything the wts tell them, however ridiculous, but as time passes and the end doesn't come, that number will diminish, I think.

• TD
    TD

So true.

Somebody (I think it may have been Leolaia) remarked in another thread that current JW doctrine is crafted around the immediate post-war era and it was at that point when it was the most "believable."

Today, all the things that weren't supposed to happen, are happening (As you point out) and all the things that were supposed to happen, aren't.

• JH
    JH
    Time is their enemy

And they saw this coming back in 1994-95, when they changed the definition of a generation.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Time truely is NOT on their side.
    JWs are becoming more and more misinformed about the world around them. Since the WTS is threatened by the 'information age' the only thing they seem to think can save them is keeping the membership away from the information itself. This just won't work. Can you ever imagine Rutherford gaining converts today? I can see the bloggers now.
    Their grip is still strong, but not like it used to. They are a changing organization. I see a separation in the religion sometime in the next 30 years.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

The speaker at the hall said over and over how sooooooooon the end is. As I looked around the hall

I wonder how can they keep hearing this and not get tired of it? Since 1960 my mother has been preaching that

the end is very near. I told her that she has been saying that now for 47 years. Her reply "just think how

much closer we are now than back then?"

It is imposible to reason with an unreasonalble person. The speaker also critized any who miss meetings

due to overtime or having a job that does not allow for meeting attendence. The kicker is that this brother

hasn't worked for several years due to a disablity and the taxes that I pay with my good paying job are paying

for his food and medical bills.

This is all just too bad and too sad!!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

The situation with many old-timers is very, very sad. One long-time Bethelite told me 12 years ago when I was about to leave, "I've invested too many years in the organization to pull out now." Since then he has added 12 years of time and energy and life to his investment, if he is still alive!

The more that is invested, the greater the loss. Old persons who have spent their lives in full-time service have no funds to fall back on. If they're able to get a job, it has to be for low wages. To squeeze by and stay out of debt, they have to depend upon the government or even upon an organization like Catholic Charities! They can count on it that the WT organization won't hand them even a dollar.

The exception, of course, are elderly Bethelites who live in lavish comfort without a care in the world as the organization's doctors, nurses, dentists, chiropractors, cooks and housekeepers look after their every need. When I was a Bethelite, I used to feel ashamed when some outspoken JW would mention this. With mixed emotions I viewed the person as having "a bad attitude," but deep down I knew he or she was so right about the unfairness of it all.

The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. Therefore all the things they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform. They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. ... “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was binding to do, yet not to disregard the other things. Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!" (Matthew 23:2-4, 23, 24, NWT)

• Scully
    Scully

About 5 years ago, I had a conversation with my JW mom who felt the need to remind me that I didn't have much longer to "smarten up" and get my ass back to the Kingdom Hall (this was not long after 9-11).

I looked her square in the eyes and said "You're kidding, right?" and proceeded to rattle off how I wasn't supposed to start High School, much less graduate from High School, before Armageddon™ came. I wasn't supposed to reach my teens, let alone my 20's, 30's and now 40's. I wasn't supposed to have kids, never mind see them start school, go through High School and then start college. When I started Nursing School, I was ridiculed most vehemently for wasting my time, Armageddon™ was Right Around The Corner™. I reminded her of something she said about 10 years earlier regarding my frail and elderly great grandmother, who was still alive at the time, and my mom had commented about how she was so looking forward to the Paradise™ because she'd rather have someone put her out of her misery than get all old and wrinkly like her grandmother was. I asked her if she still felt that way, as she was fixing to enter her 60's. She denied ever saying it.

Sometimes I think back to the time before my parents got involved with the JWs, and wonder what plans they had for their future. I wonder if they wanted to travel or buy a different house or move to a different neighbourhood, instead of putting their entire life on the back burner until after Armageddon™. So many JWs got caught in that trap and it's just such a sad thing to see, all those decades wasted.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I'd say the Internet is their biggest enemy as it makes the truth - not The Truth® - available for all to read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit