Prediction of large drop in JW numbers in 2014

by VM44 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

The pattern I see is the continued display of egotism of the Watch Tower Leaders. The leaders are more concerned with confirming they are still in power than they are concerned with business growth and corporate health. They are getting more demanding, they are adding more rules, they are stepping up enforcement of existing rules. Compliance by members = confirmation of power.

I think it's bad business for them.

They need a new product. Now, their only product is the end time prediction. Proof of that is the current district assembly slogan . . . the end is near. Same old . . . same old.

Their public image is in the basement and they're digging. Their ministry is down to tossing a tract under the door mat . . . on the same level as the unread weekly penny shopper. Their presentation is easy to master . . they don't have one. The work sucks, the product is old and moldy, and there is no delivery of the promised rewards in sight.

Unfun work, unfun meetings, unfun product, and no rewards = lack of enthusiasm, lack of participation, and lack of members. Lack of members has to translate into lack of money.

If I were going to put these guys on the wrong track, I couldn't do a better job than the path they are currently on.

• formyboys
    formyboys

"The pattern I see is the continued display of egotism of the Watch Tower Leaders. The leaders are more concerned with confirming they are still in power than they are concerned with business growth and corporate health. They are getting more demanding, they are adding more rules, they are stepping up enforcement of existing rules. Compliance by members = confirmation of power"

"Unfun work, unfun meetings, unfun product, and no rewards = lack of enthusiasm, lack of participation, and lack of members."

I agree with Gary! Everything they are pushing is quickening the Society's demise. If it wasn't for most JW's extensive family connections, I would bet big money that the whole thing would implode in a couple of years. (When you have lots of family "in", you tend to WANT to look the other way)

• Sirona
    Sirona

Oh Ye of Little Faith!

Armageddon is "just around the corner". It is "as close as a breath". It will come like a "thief in the night". Its closer than close. Just like it was in 1914.

Sirona

• blondie
    blondie

Previous decreases

1977 (1976--2,138.537) 2,117,194 1% decrease

1978 (1977--2,117,194) 2,086,698 1.4% decrease

Not until 1980 did the average number of publishers go over 2,138,537 again (2,175,403)

• Borgia
    Borgia

Hi, I put the service figures of the last 10 years into a spreadsheet and activated the extrapolation function. (Excel)

And what do you know? They grow till 2014 to about 8 - 8,5 million. 2014 shhowed to be the first year of a wild decrease in publishers, a steady decrease. DonĀ“t you just love statistics? Cheers Borgia

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

seems to me that by 2014 JWs will have evolved to another sort of religion and proclaim themselves

the way to the way even louder but for totally different reasons, 1914 will be quitely retired and by 2014

those JWs won't even know it was signifcant.... case in point, I started studying in 1975 and never heard a

peep about 1975 until well into the late 80s

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I am not so sure that I agree with that '1914' will be quietly required.
    The whole 1914 thing is still very much at the fore in the literature and in what is taught from the platform. If this is going to happen, then watch out for subtle changes over the next couple of years.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Dreamer dreaming,

1975 has been pointed. Not even subtly, as the WT claims. It was phrased in such a way that one could only get excited to show how good one appreciated to fine spiritual food from the slave.

The thing about 1914 is about the very foundation of the WT itself. It has abandonded all previous conceptions on the end of days, thanks to "Sober" Joe and his fellows. But it did abondon it previous conception only to tighten the grip in a political sense.

Leaving the 1914 doctrine behind, would constitute a denial of itself. And with the current developments I fail to see the WT going the same path as the WWCG who publically announced to have erred and changed course. Although I would not completely diminish the change of suchh a thing happening. Stranger things have been known to.......

Cheers

Borgia

• Mr Negative
    Mr Negative

Your prediction was bang on........JW.org.....used to get everyone excited again

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Jw.org, international conventions, "the greatest preaching campaign ever" Definitely got them all stirred up.

It remains to be seen how many will have left this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit