Prediction of large drop in JW numbers in 2014

by VM44 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fjtoth
  • BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    The only way this drop in numbers might be avoided is if The Watchtower Society can think up some way to stir up the rank and file and get them motivated to do more, like they did with the 1975 fiasco.

I think that's what they are trying to do now. They're losing people and they know it, they also know that their little secrets aren't secrets anymore and they are doing damage control.

That all being said, there will always be jw's. Even if the Governing Body gets hauled into court on charges of embezzlement or conspiring with the mafia to off some political leader and there is absolute dead on proof that they are living it up in mansions on the coast of Italy...

There will always be jw's following their leaders.

BSoM

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

The only real growth this religion has is in countries where nobody has computers, where the people are mostly poor, where they are desperate for hope and a "paradise" real or imagined. And...consequently they cant support the behemoth that the Organization has become financially. The growth in places like the US and Japan peaked during the "crisis" periods and now is dead or spiraling downwards. Statistics of Jehovah's Witnesses The whole concept of going door to door to EARN your E-ticket to paradise is going down the tubes too. They are having a really hard time beating THAT dead horse back into service.

It cant go away fast enough for me. Other Christians churces are long lived because they let their followers LIVE THEIR LIVES.

• glitter
    glitter

Oh by 2014 they'll all have forgotten the Society ever said anything about the 1914 generation.

• Shazard
    Shazard

Welll not exactly!
    See... Adam lived 930 (or something like that) years. That means, that generation of 1914 can hold atleast some very very JW human who still are alive... so actually WT have boost of about 1000 years, during which they allways can dig up some Bible verse as proof text that there still can be atleast one or two alive generation 1914 members. And well... during 1000 years you can organize Armageddons as you wish :)

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

that is an interesting prediction.

I hope this site is still open by then, and somebody has the memory to revive this then aged thread :)

anyway, my prediction is that: the year 2010 is a remarkable year, because it will be the first year (after 1976) where the witnesses will have a decease worldwide.
    I make this prediction on statistics.

Then some drastic measure will be done by 2011, which will of course backfire. By 2013 or 2014 we will then indeed see a sharper decrease.

by the way, the dubs have already a demographic decrease.

Danny Bloempie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

2006 ARMAGEDDON IMMINENT WTS PR media push ! this is deja vu from 1970 30 years ago

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    I left editor approved comments at all 3 links and contacted reporter with dissident articles and letter to editor. Door-to-door sales include religion
    MaineToday.com, ME - 8 hours ago
    ... But that's how Elizabeth Fortin of Waterville recently greeted Jehovah's Witness Irma Plante, who has visited her home several times. ...
    Word on the street Jehovah's Witnesses, other Christian groups ...
    Central Maine Morning Sentinel, ME - 11 hours ago
    ... But that's how Elizabeth Fortin of Waterville recently greeted Jehovah's Witness Irma Plante, who has visited her home several times. ...
    Spreading the word Evangelists bring religion to neighborhoods
    Kennebec Journal, ME - 11 hours ago

BTW 10 minutes ago i nailed em in Moscow Russia http://forum.moscowtimes.ru/viewforum.php?f=2

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I doubt very much that the Watchtower magazine is going to proclaim loudly in the year 2014 anything about the "generation of 1914" not passing away.

VM.........they already disabled that doctrine by changing it in '95. Most who remain in will chant the mantra "we don't serve Jehovah with a date in mind"........'til they hypnotize themselves.

Terri

• Quandry
    Quandry

Black Swan of Memphis makes a reasonable statement when she says that despite what anyone may dig up on J.W.s there will always be those who refuse to let go. Would you believe there are still some staunch Branch Davidians around? Despite the fact that this man led many to their deaths and evidently had sex with many of the young women among his group. Go figure.

You can see this validated when you hear anyone who has mentioned any of the issues such as U.N., etc., and received the old "I'm sure in due time it will come out. I'll wait on Jehovah."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit