skeptic2 introduction

by skeptic2 14 Replies latest jw friends

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Hi All,
    I've been reading these forums for a while. Now I've posted, it would seem polite to introduce myself.
    I am not nor ever have been a JW, but my wife was interested throughout her life, and had some attendance as a teenager.
    Last year she began attending the local KH, and got baptised during that time.
    Before, but mainly after, being baptised she began to notice many things that didn't agree with her expectations of the religion. The issues mounted, until it got to the point that she was motivated to buy Raymond Franz's Crisis of Conscience. With the help of that book and these forums, she recently disassociated. I'm sure she will post here too, when she feels ready.

• rebel8
    rebel8

welcome

• mouthy
    mouthy

Great to have you here. I always rejoice when someone escapes the WT...Sounds like your wife did the sin of thinking independently GOOD FOR HER & YOU!!!! Because she would have cut you off from birthdays, Christmas, & a few other no-nos . Welcome aboard

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Skeptic2 and Wife,

Great to have you here!

Ian

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

welcome

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome Skeptic2, hope you and your wife will come talk with us. You wife was wise to check it out a soon as she saw things that didn't add up.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Welcome skeptic2 and to your wife as well.

If you have been reading here you know that it is a great goup and hope that you both enjoy it as much as I have.

cab

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Welcome.

I always think it must be awful to be the partner of someone who then decides to join a fruity religion, because it afects your life and relationship so fundamentally.

Non believing partners were always treated with wary caution at our KH - be really creepily nice in case they can be 'won over' but dont actually spend any time with them in case you are seen as weak for getting on with a non believer.

So glad your partner got out.

Welcome to the board.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome to the board skeptic2 !

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear sceptic2,

Welcome!!!! Thank goodness she decided to do some research!! We look forward to hearing from her too.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit