new too

by RaceBannon 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hi Ya RaceBrannon,

Glad you found your way here. You don't have to go to be disfellowshipped, they do that just fine with testimony from who ever turns you in. Both my son's were disfellowshipped without ever attending a Judical Committee meetings. Just stay home rent a movie and the will come by and tell you your disf'ed. LOL

Balsam

• Poztate
    Poztate
    How many X's are out there? Must be a lot. I won't call you apostates or anything, I promise. I think the Witnesses have some truth, but not all, which of course, you cannot question or show doubt.

I am not an apostate. I am a POZTATE™ which means I have looked at them very carefully and found all the flaws,lies and deception they have practiced. If you examine them closely all of what they say will be exposed as lies.

• LDH
    LDH
    They don't actually disfellowship anyone anymore

This is patently untrue. Listen to my interview with JR Brown, he specifically said (and more than once) that Cano has been DISFELLOWSHIPPED and an announcment would be made.

See how much fun it is to catch them in lies?

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

I wouldn't meet with the elders. You haven't been at a meeting in 3 years....you have a conscience and don't need a group of men judging you...only God can do that.

Hope you enjoy this board. It is very therapeutic.

Codeblue

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    How long have you been out, if its more than three years they cant D\F you
    hi, 3rd generation jws inactive jws here, and never heard that rule

LOL........well, I came in around '70-'71 and went through the whole '75 thing......and I've never heard that either........lol

• Honesty
    Honesty
    My advice is when they call to set up a JC meeting, refuse to go. If they threaten dire actions (DFing, etc.), tell them that if they make a public announcement about you, you will sue them for slander. Then tell them to get lost.

You may also print the following and mail it to all you JW family and friends BEFORE you get booted:

Here is some information regarding what the Watchtower has printed in regards to the Babylonian kings and how the lengths of their reigns can be calculated to arrive at the date of the destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar.

You've probably remained totally clueless whenever the subject of the chronology leading to back 607 B.C. as the date for the destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar comes up.
    It turns out this stuff is a piece of cake!

Using ONLY comments by the Watchtower Society and one scripture we can rather easily see their chronology regarding the destruction of Jerusalem.

There is really not much to learn here, either:
    No astronomy, no neo-Babylonian tablets, and no confusing Bible versus will be presented. Just the names of five people and several quotes from Watchtower publications will be used. Also, there is no need to quibble over things like regnal years, ascension years, cardinal and ordinal numbers, etc. Remember, 607 B.C. is a full 20 years earlier than the accepted date of 586/87 B.C. and all the tinkering with a few months here and few partial year reigns there cannot make up a difference of twenty years.

Another tricky part to remember is that people were very primitive in those years before a sensible calendar that actually counts FORWARD as you go forward rather than BACKWARD as you go forward was incorporated.

We have to start AFTER the date of Jerusalem's fall with a date and event that is agreed upon by both the WTS and secular historians.

From this date we will count backward by counting forward.

That date is 539 B.C., the date that Babylon fell to Cyrus the Mede.

Keep in mind we are trying to find the date Jerusalem fell.

"Particularly was this domination manifest during the seventh and sixth centuries B.C.E. when Nabopolassar, a native of Chaldea, and his successors, Nebuchadnezzar II, Evil-merodach (Awil-Marduk), Neriglissar, Labashi-Marduk, Nabonidus, and Belshazzar, ruled the Third World Power, Babylon."

Second ruler of the Neo-Babylonian Empire; son of Nabopolassar and father of Awil-Marduk (Evil-merodach), who succeeded him to the throne. Nebuchadnezzar ruled as king for 43 years...
    An article entitled, "The Rejoicing of the Wicked Is Short-lived" on page 29 in the January 1,1965 Watchtower magazine lists the regnal years of Nebuchadnezzar II's successors from Evil-Merodach to Nabonidus who, in this article the Watchtower confirms was ruler of Babylon when Cyrus conquered it in 539 B.C.:

Evil-merodach reigned two years and was murdered by his brother-in-law Neriglissar, who reigned for four years, which time he spent mainly in building operations. His underage son Labashi-Marduk, a vicious boy, succeeded him, and was assassinated within nine months. Nabonidus, who had served as governor of Babylon and who had been Nebuchadnezzar’s favorite son-in-law, took the throne and had a fairly glorious reign until Babylon fell in 539 B.C.E.

Let's summarize (remember we have to go backwards starting in 539
    B.C. with Nabonidus):

Nabonidus ruled Babylon until it fell in 539 B.C. to Cyrus.

Labashi-Marduk ruled for 9 months.

Neriglissar ruled for 4 years.

Evil-Merodach ruled for 2 years.

Nebuchadnezzer ruled for 43 years.

17 years + 9 months + 4 years + 2 years + 43 years = 66 to 67 years.

Starting at 539 B.C. and going back 66/67 years we arrive at 605/606 B.C. for the start of the reign of Nebuchadnezzer.

2nd Kings 25:8-10 tells us that Jerusalem was destroyed in the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzer's reign, so if we go forward 19 years from 605/606 B.C. we will have the approximate years of the destruction of Jerusalem.

Nineteen years after 605/606 B.C. brings us to 586/587 B.C. which agrees with all secular evidence.

That's it!

It is so simple that I wonder why the Watchtower Society can't admit to seeing it!

Could it be because their entire "Faithful Discreet Slave" doctrine rests solely upon the date of Jerusalem's destruction by Nebuchadnezzar?

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Race,

WELCOME!!! We are gald to have you here. DO you plan on going back?? If not then why would you meet with the Elders and put yourself through that humiliation. They ask VERY detailed shocking questions! Personally I would NEVER put my self through that, and I hope you don't either! Again, welcome. Please keep us updated.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

If I may...take some advice from a guy that has been out, and I do mean OUT, for about 30 years.

RUN!!!!!

They will turn your life inside out if you let them. By that, I mean, if you allow them to hold any sort of authority over you, you are doomed. Stand up, be a man, and tell them to pound salt.

You will feel better, live better, and meet a whole new group of people that are REALLY your friends.

In my opinion, the judicial committee holds less water than a filipino radiator, and less power than day old iguans sh*t. RUN man! You will thank me someday.

Stealth453.

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome RaceBannon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit