What's Your Favorite Brand of Beer?

by tfsm 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• tfsm
    tfsm

I know this is slightly off-topic but I find alot of the discussion here somewhat depressing and most of it is far too cerebral for me. I (obviously) live in America and I'm a big fan of beer. Light, dark, lager, ale, whatever. Unfortunately, I live in the mid-west. Not the good mid-west either, I live in the bible belt. At the buckle. We don't have any good brew pubs or other places to try new brews. I know a guy who owns a liquor store and he said he can get anything. I just have to tell him what to order. So, enlighten me. What's good in your neck of the woods?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

What is the buckle of the bible belt? Just curious.

Uhm, favorite brand of beer...

One that I love but forget about because it's to $$$ to buy often is Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. Yum.

Other then that Molson XXX is good.

BSoM

• kid-A
    kid-A

LEFFE......blonde or brun, the high god of lambic beer!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't drink beer, though I have tried it recently, and it's not too bad, but my boyfriend is a Real Ale fan, never drinks anything else. He has been to several Great British Beer Festivals, and always tries the American beers stand. He reckons Liberty Ale, from California is very good, and several New England brewers brew superb beers, particlarly dark beers such as stout and porter.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Guinness

• under_believer
    under_believer

In order of greatness:

1. Chimay Grande Réserve
    2. Bridgeport IPA
    3. Black Butte Porter
    You can't go wrong with those, but they're not for beginners.
  • Warlock
    Warlock

2.Bass Ale

1.Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

3.Vodka

Warlock (sorry, bean drinkin')

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Anything from Samuel Smith's. In addition, I love all the Chimay abbey-style ales and whatnot. Also the Boonevile Brewing Company in No. California makes a mean abbey-style ale as well called "Brother David's Double" or "Triple."
    I'm partial to lagers, stronger ales, and stouts.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Dark beers preferred here--Guinness or Murphy's Irish Stout. The darker the better. Stone Brewing Company in California makes an Imperial Russian Stout that is hard to find but excellent..

As I live near the Mexican border, Tecate, Bohemia, & Negro Modelo are probably my favorite brands from there. From Canada, Molson & Labatt Blue. Beck's Dark & Spaten Optimator from Germany.

Cheers!!!

DR

• juni
    juni

Sorry I can't help you - I don't drink beer (against my religion) lol

I only drink ice water. But I do like some alcoholic drinks - the fruity kind

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit